The Fearless Trilogy (2017-2022) Alonzo Herran Jr., Marc John Jeffries, Omar Gooding, Essynce Moore

AlbertV

These three films are not Ronny Yu's film with Jet Li and two sequels, but they are indie features shot in New Jersey from director Jamal Hall and produced by and starring former police officer and martial artist Alonzo Herran Jr. as Cody Kelly, a former fighter who is thrust back in the world of underground fighting where he takes on fighters using a drug known as "Last Dragon". 

"The Fearless One" (2017) involves Cody returning to town after the death of his younger brother to live a peaceful life until he is forced to fight in an underground ring run by a former childhood foe, Jay. Jay has been doping up using a synthetic steroid called "Last Dragon". He also falls for the daughter of factory owner Santana. He soon learns the underground fight ring and his brother's death may be connected. 

"The Fearless Two" (2019) picks up shortly after the first film. Now married, Cody and Kimberly are attempting to live a straight life where Cody, done with underground fighting, runs a local dojo while Kimberly has taken over her father's factory. However, Jay's formerly underling Samaad has decided to restart the underground fighting ring and attempts to coerce Cody to return. This one brings a bit of a supernatural edge to things. Strange I know. Former boxing champion Zab Judah makes an appearance as himself as does A Bronx Tale's Lillo Brancato as a boxer named "Tiger".

"The Fearless Three" (2022) Cody Kelly has passed away. However, his daughter, teenager Sky, is able to see her dad through her dreams and inspire her to carry the fighting legacy of the family by competing in a martial arts tournament. Kind of like "Fighting Spirit" where the ghost tells the main character to train and learn to fight. "The Last Dragon" himself, Taimak, appears in this third installment. 

Now, for these types of films, the fight choreography is that of your throwback 90s-early 2000s straight to video martial arts films, so don't expect no Hong Kong style or Scott Adkins/Martial Club tricking. They are all streaming on Tubi. I will have reviews of all three films on my blog this Friday as I have a busy week ahead, 

Edited by AlbertV

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlbertV

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG!!! I just finished The Fearless Three and the finale is ridiculously OTT and there are references to an 80's classic,,.but not martial arts movies

Spoiler

They used two songs from Transformers: The Movie, Stan Bush's Dare and The Touch and they reference lines from when Rodemus Prime is born!!! I was laughing so hard. They also use the music from Dragon: The Bruce Lee story in this and the end of Fearless Two, which references Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story's last lines.