Board Plans for PHILLYFEST...

Linn1

Friday night is open for me.

Please count me in for lunch on Saturday with you and whomever else. I gave my cell number to teako170 and I'll be at the demo also.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gfanikf

I have classes on Friday but they end at 4ish. I think I can get back to Philly and be settled in by 7-8. Is that cool? I still can't believe I'm in law school. lol

Guest teako170

Some other guests....

Actor and martial artist Bobby Samuels has been confirmed as an event guest. Other confirmed guest include: Kim Jin Pal (Jackie Chan and Sammo Hung's first Hapkido teacher and film star of the 70's), Taimak Guarriello ( star of 1985's "The Last Dragon" ) and former heavyweight boxing contender Randall "Tex" Cobb. Other non-confirmed guests may include: actor Tony Todd - best known for his role in Clive Barker's "Candyman" plus a few other noteworthy film / martial arts personalities.

See you boys one week from Saturday. T

Guest Jesse Smooth

Are Tickets still avail..? I have weekends off but was trying to schedule the time. I wanted to go with my dad, but he won't be able to go. I work for an airline, so I can fly for free. What hotels are reccomended? I'll just try to make it for Sunday's event.

Guest fightlikeapes

So how exactly are people planning to know how and where to get together Saturday? Do you think you'll be posting plans in advance Friday night/Saturday morning? Since the clinic and banquet weren't something that I was interested in, I wasn't planning on coming on Saturday. But this get-together sounds like a lot of fun.

Guest fightlikeapes

i've pm-ed & emailed you (hopefully you're still using the hotmail account) my cell number.

please let me know what's up for Saturday - thanks

Hello All,

Magic Poe & I are having lunch on Friday around 3pm at the Reading Terminal market located at 12th & arch st. This directly across the street from the Convention Center.

All are welcome to meet us.

By the way I'm 6'8' tall bald black guy.

Guest lightskill

Hello All,

Wished I would have joined this chat earlier. My name is David and I will be going to Philly PA for the first time. I'm a huge fan of Shaw Brothers films since the lat 70's. I would really like to meet other fans this weekend. I'm also a fan of Martial Arts. Can't wait to see Lo Mang. I will be arriving very late friday evening. I will be there all day sat and sun.

is there an actual schedule for the days? I never got tickets because I've been waiting on more solid schedule and information but there apears to be nothing updated anywhere.

Guest teako170
is there an actual schedule for the days? I never got tickets because I've been waiting on more solid schedule and information but there apears to be nothing updated anywhere.
If you're waiting for a schedule that looks like this...

10:00 - Doors open

10:15 - Lo Mang intro

10:30/12 - Autograph session

12:00/12:30 - Lunch

etcetcetc...

..then, no.

Saturday events were advance tix and only those who purchased were provided w/ the 411. Sunday's event is different. Doors open between 10-10:30 and various events will occur throughout the day. Hope you can make it.

[ EDIT ]

Tix are still available at the door for Sunday's event, so please don't think its sold out. If you're in the area Sunday, do come on over.

Guest gfanikf

Is anyone interested in doing something tonight? I get in around 7-8:30. Maybe we can all meet and crash magicpoes watch Kid with the Golden Arm or something or I can tour you to the Red Sun stall at the King of Prussia mall lol. Seriously though any plans to do something tonight?

thanks for the info taeko, i'm in old city so is just a quick ride away on the El but I can't stand the international house that's why I was wondering about a more detailed schedule. Is this on the city paper of the weekly? I looked for some info but didn't see anything.

Guest gfanikf

If we can come to an agreement on a place to meet and watch films. I would be more than happy to bring some of my rares for us watch (Hong Kong God Fathers, Kid from Kwangtung, TO KILL A MASTERMIND :):) , (I have the Wide copy that was on youtube) new KWTGA . Magic, june, buddha, etc you guys interested? It would be a nice break after my first week of law school (now back to my contracts class). Man I have some funny things to tell you about how contract law can affect DVD trades :)

gfanikf, et al. Any plans for food tonight? I wouldn't mind meeting up somewhere. I'm fairly new to the kung fu film game so it would be cool to meet up with some of the true fans to learn a few things from.

If it comes down to finding a place, I offer up my apartment with the word of warning that I have no VCR, dvd player only and there is not a lot of space to sit on and I got no food, but that can be remedied.

Guest gfanikf

I might be up for that. DVD player is fine as my copys are all DVD-R and I can always use my laptop as a backup. In terms of a place to meet up I would think the king of prussia is a really good place to go. Plus we can all get a picture of us in front of the redsun stall thats in the mall (I wasn't kidding). Is anyone else interested (magic or june, linn)? I only need to know how many people and where so I can decide when to leave from wonderful Newark back to good old Philly (well the burbs of Philly :) . Magic or June if you read this can you pm your Cells numbers ( I can send mine also).

KoP is a pain for me cause I don't drive and I'm in the city, but if its something in the city I'm all for it. I'll pm you my phone and cell #

Guest gfanikf

Ah I see. I think we can do something in the city. Hopefully some of the other members will let us know what they can do so we can coordinate what we can all do today.

Archived