Board Plans for PHILLYFEST...

Linn1

post here. Let's get this thing together. I'll be there Friday through Sunday and my plan right now is to at least have one big dinner at a Chinese restaurant with as many fans as we can.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gfanikf

Ironically this is just after I will have more to North Jersey for law school, but you bet your ass I'm coming down. If I don't have class on Friday, I'll be down by mid-day. If I do then Saturday morning or late Friday.

I arrive at the Philadelphia International airport on Friday afternoon at 12:14 and leave Monday morning 11:45.

Are you flying in Linn?

I'm staying at a hotel close to the airport and have a rental car for the duration of my stay in Philadelphia.

I'm going really oldschool and driving up. I've got some people to visit on the way actually. A friend of mine is coming along to act as cameraman and we'll be filming a bit. They'll certainly be some stuff done over the weekend with interviews and the like. My plan is to leave on Thursday actually, so we should be ready to go Friday afternoon.

I'll be there. but probably not all three days as the international house is too unconfortable. Any plans as to where we would meet up for some food or whatever.

as the international house is too unconfortable.

are you actually staying there? Also, if you know the area, where's a good place to eat!?

Guest oldeschool17

Hey Linn,

Could you please upload your footage to youtube or something, when you get a chance? I wont be able to attend, but would love to see how it all went. Thanks

Guest gfanikf
are you actually staying there? Also, if you know the area, where's a good place to eat!?

In Philly MING RIVER right near the Chinatown Arch, they do awesome portions on their lunch menu and great pork fried rice. Plus there are some video stores (its all mostly rental) where you can have you picture taken next to a tai seng logo lol.

In the suburbs there are a couple of really nice places that I know from personal experience. Beijing Inn is really nice and has a very broad menu compared to other Chinese restaurants.

Guest ToddTheRef

Any pics or videos of this event that you guys can post would be much appreciated. I'm jealous you will get to meet the greatest Venom!

no i don't stay at international house since its mostly penn students and i'm out off school. i mean is uncomfortable because is basically a gym with fold out metal chairs and fold out bleacher seats that are just as uncomfortable. I'm in the area of old city but there are some good places in china town.

Hello All,

1st, I'll be on a cruise leaving Sat Aug. 25. So I'll miss this event.

2nd, for all out of towners, you must try a real Philly Cheesesteak from "JIM STEAKS" @ 4th & South.

3rd, if you're looking for some old school kung fu films

1. Universal (on Arch st. between 10th & 11th)

2. Universal (on 11th st. between Market & Chestnut)

4th. Visit the Reading Terminal Market (11th & Arch) lots of good places for food under one roof.

Hey June I was hoping you'd make it because you were one of the first people I made contact with on the forum when I first joined in October 2003.

We set up a trade and talked on the phone and I always thought that was a cool thing. Was looking forward to meeting you.

Guest dndcollect

Im not sure if it was considered the best chinese food, but my favorite place was The New York Deli (I dont know why its called that, it is neither in New York, nor is it a Deli. LOL) Im not sure if it is still there since it has been many years since I have been down there. They had great curry chicken.

Guest Feng Gang

I don't condone "tourist steaks" but if you really want one... Steaks on South (3rd and South) is much better than Jim's Steaks (4th and South). Also, Pat's and Geno's are tourist traps. SOS (3rd and south) is the closest you'll come to a regular steak.

Guest teako170

Personally I feel there's too many "sticky" threads but perhaps, Linn, you might make one just for the next few months regarding this event: general info, links (both on KFF and external) and a place for people to solidify plans.

Rick is going over to Europe next week but when he returns I'll be updating my page with more concrete info on guests, itinerary, etc.

As for me...

I'll be driving up Saturday AM to attend the fight choreography. Probably be doing my interview w/ the man that afternoon. Staying out in the burbs that evening and then attending the expo on Sunday till mid-afternoon. I don't plan to attend the black tie ceremony Saturday night.

So yeah if anyone wants to hook up Saturday, count me in. And yes, Chinese food is fun but Philly is world famous for their cheesesteaks and its something one should not miss out on (first time visitors to Philly in particular).

Guest gfanikf

T,

So there is nothing official event wise on Friday? I just want to make sure in case I have to come in either late on Friday or early Saturday due to classes.

MP,

If you get here on Friday, I'll be able to hook up with you & give you the Philly quick tour. Get a bite & visit a few kung fu movie stores.

Guest Lei Kung

Turns out I'm free this particular weekend. I'll be making every effort to get there. Money and transportation are a slight issue. I'll probably dupe a friend of mine into making him drive his car.

As I probably won't know for sure for a few more weeks, I don't want to make reservations just yet. Those of you from the Philly area... if I just show up in town, is finding a cheap room for the night easy? It's my style to just wing it on this sort of thing.

Also if anyone between Kansas and Philly is looking to hitch a ride and split gas, let me know.

yes. I'll be in town Friday, and MIGHT be up for dinner that night if someone wants to go. I'll have just gotten in, so I don't know if I'll be dead tired or hungry as hell. I know this, I will on hand at the martial arts demo on Saturday, and I'm up for anything after that really. My Saturday is largely free as far as I know. I'm currently planning to get together with whomever I can on Saturday for lunch, so folks that want to go, please sign on. I know some reps from Media Blasters want to come around with me to a lunch or dinner and meet the fans. So if you want your thoughts known, or want to hear a bit of what we're planning, here's your chance.

As for the black-tie dinner, I don't know if I'll go to that, as that's usually not my thing. I may just go with the fans dinner thing at a Chinese restaurant in town if someone's up for it. It's up in the air right now. I'll be interviewing Lo Meng Sunday with T, who I just spoke to. Not sure when I'll be interviewing Master Kim.

Right now, the guests I know of who will be there are Lo Meng, Master Kim Jin Pal and Master Chiu Chi Ling. I think there's going to be more, but I don't want to jinx anything. But if you're a kung fu fan, you owe it to yourself to check it out. And meet a bunch of folks on this board you've talked to all these years.

Archived