House of Fangs (2024) Crowdfund martial arts movie

Yihetuan

MW is at again with another indiegogo campaign to bring this " action film that will update the classic Hong Kong style Kung Fu movie in modern America" to fruition. With producing partners Severin Films, VCI Entertainment and Frank Djeng. Old time classic kung fu stars of yore such as Angela Mao, Ho Chung-tao, Dragon Lee, Bruce Leung, Bruce Li, Don Wong Tao, Chiu Chu Ling among others have expressed interest in returning for this project.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/house-of-fangs-return-of-1970s-kung-fu-film-stars?fbclid=IwAR3P560InldGLkCsS_BllsTJy8N9MtTBNDq3Dzxv4v1m6BZVN4LGSjHLNH4#/

esb7im2avokcwqybafxj.jpg

Screenshot_2023-08-13 HOUSE OF FANGS Return of 1970s Kung Fu Film Stars.png

Screenshot_2023-08-13 HOUSE OF FANGS Return of 1970s Kung Fu Film Stars(1).png

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Drunken Monk

Conceptually, this is mind blowing. However, Dragon Lee is 65, Angela Mao is 72, Bruce Li is 73 etc. I would LOVE to see them on screen one last time but how much of Andy Cheng's choreography will they be able to pull off?

I'm not trying to be a naysayer. I'll donate to this project. I'm just wondering how they'll pull it off. Unless they get a younger cast and the legends will be cameos.

• Like 2

Looks interesting. @Drunken Monk he mentions that once financed they want current MA stars to get involved as well. 

However I think overall this will be a pretty tough sell. Curious to see if they'll reach the $155K. 

• Like 2

It sure would be nice if he prioritized on fulfilling his crowdfunding for the poster book since we've been waiting so long but that's just me.

4 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Conceptually, this is mind blowing. However, Dragon Lee is 65, Angela Mao is 72, Bruce Li is 73 etc. I would LOVE to see them on screen one last time but how much of Andy Cheng's choreography will they be able to pull off?

I'm not trying to be a naysayer. I'll donate to this project. I'm just wondering how they'll pull it off. Unless they get a younger cast and the legends will be cameos.

My thoughts exactly. Plus Bruce Li and Angela Mao haven't acted since the early 80s.

1 minute ago, Yggdrasil said:
2 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

House of Dentures.

I don't know what happened there. I quoted and then I was inside the quote box. I couldn't even move the curser out of the box and comment below.

Anyway, with everyone elderly, it will either be de-aging kung fu or Kung Fu OAP.

1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

It sure would be nice if he prioritized on fulfilling his crowdfunding for the poster book since we've been waiting so long but that's just me.

Assuming this is another project he's involved? I notice that quite a bit that some of theses crowdfunders (is that a word) are having several projects all at once. And YES I agree 100% that they should focus on fullfilling prior commitments. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

and me

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
3 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Is that the same book he's offering as a perk to anyone that donates to the House of Fangs project?

image.png.a61ac4475d85b8e050a239defbb7e4fc.png

9 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Is that the same book he's offering as a perk to anyone that donates to the House of Fangs project?

image.png.a61ac4475d85b8e050a239defbb7e4fc.png

Yep the very same one. Good luck with ever receiving that perk in your lifetime.

7 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Donnie Yen and Hiroyuki Sanada are over 60 and are still as fast ever. Just look at Sanada in the opening fight in Mortal Kombat. Fast and effective.

47 minutes ago, LoBo said:

Donnie Yen and Hiroyuki Sanada are over 60 and are still as fast ever. Just look at Sanada in the opening fight in Mortal Kombat. Fast and effective.

Pretty sure Donnies been doubled his last couple of films for sure in JW4 & Sakura but I can't remember the stunt doubles name off hand. He's that German-Korean guy?

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1

Drunken Monk
2 hours ago, LoBo said:

Donnie and Sanada have consistently worked in the action genre for decades. These legends haven’t been in front of the camera since the 80’s, let alone performing fight choreography.

I sincerely hope I eat my words as I want this to be fantastic. I’ll still support. I’m just a smidgen skeptical.

It will never make the goal so I wouldn't get pumped. I think they did the perks wrong so that doesn't help. I've done a lot of these Kickstarters and Indigoes and it isnt structured like most do it. 

One Armed Boxer
2 hours ago, Scottfu said:

I think they did the perks wrong so that doesn't help. I've done a lot of these Kickstarters and Indigoes and it isnt structured like most do it. 

Yeah this was the first thing that sprung out at me when I looked at the perks. I still contributed, but usually perks are structured so that with each larger donation amount, traditionally they include everything from the previous perk. So for example in the $100 perk that @Drunken Monk quoted, it would also include the Blu-ray that's part of the $60 perk. Here however the expectation seems to be that whatever is on offer is only available for that specific donation amount, so if you want anything that's available as part of a cheaper donation, you'd have to donate twice.

2 hours ago, Scottfu said:

It will never make the goal so I wouldn't get pumped.

He needs to bring onboard Cynthia Rothrock, that lady is like crowdfunding gold dust.:tongueout

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Donnie and Sanada have consistently worked in the action genre for decades. These legends haven’t been in front of the camera since the 80’s, let alone performing fight choreography.

I sincerely hope I eat my words as I want this to be fantastic. I’ll still support. I’m just a smidgen skeptical.

I see

On 8/17/2023 at 12:42 AM, Yihetuan said:

Pretty sure Donnies been doubled his last couple of films for sure in JW4 & Sakura but I can't remember the stunt doubles name off hand. He's that German-Korean guy?

23 hours ago, Josh Baker said:

Really? Looked like Donnie was doing a lot of his own stuff in JW4. May have to watch the film again to spot it.

I was under the same impression but checking out Cha-Lee Yon's FB page seems to prove us wrong. WTF Donnie!? :tongueout

https://www.facebook.com/ChaReelDeal/

Edited by laagi

On 8/17/2023 at 11:50 PM, laagi said:

I was under the same impression but checking out Cha-Lee Yon's FB page seems to prove us wrong. WTF Donnie!? :tongueout

I mostly see pre-viz there. Doesn't necessarily mean he made the actual scenes, I suppose.

On 8/16/2023 at 5:17 PM, laagi said:

Looks interesting. @Drunken Monk he mentions that once financed they want current MA stars to get involved as well. 

However I think overall this will be a pretty tough sell. Curious to see if they'll reach the $155K. 

Is that amount even enough to make a semi-decent action movie? Sounds awfully low.

On 8/17/2023 at 12:42 AM, Yihetuan said:

On 8/17/2023 at 1:11 AM, Josh Baker said:

Really? Looked like Donnie was doing a lot of his own stuff in JW4. May have to watch the film again to spot it.

On 8/18/2023 at 12:50 AM, laagi said:

Donnie being doubled, especially at the age he is now, is not surprising. But he continues to take good care of his physical abilities through MA/body training and health so he can still do all the grounded stuff without looking washed up.

In John Wick 4 he did almost everything (I checked all his action scenes using a video editor). The Reeves fight scene is probably the most evident of him being doubled but I think it had alot to do with Reeves being unable to keep up with Donnie's speed. Sakra was more demanding as his action choreography required alot of acrobatic and intricate movements so the doubling is more obvious.

Edited by DiP
  • Buddha Bless You 1

One Armed Boxer

Well, we're almost half way through the crowdfunding campaign period and so far it's 1% backed. Fair to say that this project (& this thread!) will likely fade into the annals of crowdfunding oblivion....

Capture.JPG.74f4cd40d19b2bc0ac0698846e169a2c.JPG

• Haha 1