Out of print (OOP) IVL Shaw Brothers DVD's

Guest drunkenmantis13

Guest oldeschool17

Masked Avengers is not OOP. I just saw it on hkflix and yesasia. You guys need to cross-reference on all RELIABLE sites before declaring it not available.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's often the site just doesn't list it because they don't have it in stock. Find out if they can get it first, if they can't, then it's OOP.

Guest The Amazing Psychoper

There is something weird going on with Masked avengers, yesterday it wasn't available on DVD on yesasia and DDDhouse still is listing it oop... I've sent them an e mail...

The Amazing Psycho Per :evil

Guest thejadefacedassassin

Scorpioeast in Singapore has taken my suggestions seriously and started to release out of print and VCD-only titles on DVD.

Ghost Eyes & Mist Over Dream Lake are out, both titles are OOP in HK.

The fantastic news is that Chin Ping's The Swordmates & Ling Yun's Twin Blades Of Doom are also out now on DVD.

Both of these are VCD-only releases in HK.

I will try and get DDDhouse to stock them.

Guest Ko Fei

I noticed there is a chinese based company(Zoke Culture) that is releasing region 0 copies of the celestial prints. So really if we can't get the IVL versions at least we should be able to get our hands on those. More than likely they will release the whole catalog. :D

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns
The fantastic news is that Chin Ping's The Swordmates & Ling Yun's Twin Blades Of Doom are also out now on DVD.

That is good news. Both of those films are very well done and deserved DVD release in the first place.

Now, if we can just manage to have Black Butterfly released on DVD, then we'd be talking.

Guest The Amazing Psychoper

I don't think it's necessary to hit the panic buton concerning shaws IVL titles going out of prints. Most of the big names will surely be released by Dragon Dynasty, Media Blasters, Image or anyone at some point... Also the IVL releases are nothing exceptional, from a bonus features stand point, nor are the covers particularly good looking (particularly the recent ones...). The new releases from the other companies will most probably be better then the IVL's... It's for the more obscure titles that it will probably be a lost, but anyway those who liked them probably bought them already (and for my part, they're usually obscure for a reason...) So everyone take a deep breath, I don't think it's time to panic just yet...

The Amazing Psycho Per :evil

PS By the way Dirty Ho is still available on Hkflix.com

Guest Ko Fei

I agree with you on that one but I wonder just how many titles the other companies will actually release. Celestial has released so many of them that I find it hard to believe that anyone else will release this many. I wish we knew which ones were gonna be considered rare and hard to get for down the road.

Guest drunkenmantis13

We are not sure which titles the US labels will release, neither when (in most cases). Also you never know, some announced stuff can get cancelled for dozens of reasons. So i think it's fair to say that someone who wants a title should pick it up before it goes OOP from IVL. That's how i see it...anyway if it gets a US release later i can always pick it up and get rid of my IVL. At least i'm sure to have the flick that i wanted.

By the way, DAMNIT this thread turned out to be scarily massive. I was expecting a few handfuls of titles but...seems they're mostly ALL going OOP sooner than expected. It's like in January '08 they won't be printing anymore movies nor copies of released titles. Ugh..

Also i agree please try not to list a title just because you see it unavailable at one place, try making sure before. So this thread would turn out better and quite useful. Thanks guys!

no way in hell that a US label is releasing anything close to what IVL did. That said, I'm talking with one who's thinking of doing a Shaw horror/exploitation line, so it's possible we'll see some of those on DVD.

Guest Ko Fei

I can easily agree with you on that one. IVL released way to many titles for any US company to even compete. They pretty much released all the gems.

Chen Kuan Tai
bumping this thread for CKT

thx, nice thread I am looking after this :)

hope I can get the most sbs I am looking for before they are going oop, only money is the problem :(

Chen Kuan Tai

I can recommend you to look on the dddhouse.com site if you think there is an oop title you are looking for. DDD shows if a title is in stock/out of stock or oop.

Thai sbs (zoke): Someone compared them with ivls if they are same 1:1? they are also in dvd-5 (4,7 gb) like the most ivls (think only till beginning 2005 ivls are inn dvd-9 -> 8,7 gb). Where I can order cheap zoke dvds?

ddd house is always 1st choice for me, always answers any e-mail questions also.

Zoke dvd's are available on ebay, but i dont think that many have been released....

HIGH DEFINITION DVD BARGAINS...CLICK HERE!

Chen Kuan Tai
ddd house is always 1st choice for me, always answers any e-mail questions also.

Zoke dvd's are available on ebay, but i dont think that many have been released....

HIGH DEFINITION DVD BARGAINS...CLICK HERE!

I just see at buyoyo there are chinese sb dvds (bootlegs?) for example by crippled avengers: http://www.buyoyo.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?style=1&prrfnbr=3720703&prmenbr=152&CGRY_NUM=251&LANGUAGE=1&curr=USD

Label: Liao Ning Culture Audio & Visual Co Ltd

Looks like these dvds are identic with the ivls. Anyone checked the dvds?

I've been looking through several online sites and the only IVLs that I can't find anywhere are:

Venegeance

Flying Guillotine

Golden Swallow

Heroes Two

Any other additions?

See below.Will try to find some more later.There are some unpopular titles that have not been listed.

Some IVL Shaw dvds out of print but could be available as back stock:

Anonymous Heroes

All Men Are Brothers

The Angry Guest

The Bastard

Brave Archer 2

Chinatown Kid

Danger Has Two Faces

Dirty Ho

Descendant Of The Sun

The Five Venoms

The Flying Guillotine 1 & 2

The Golden Sword

Golden Swallow

Have Sword Will Travel

Heaven And Hell

Heroes Two

Human Lanterns

Holy Flame Of The Martial World

Invincible Shaolin

Iron Bodyguard

The Jade Tiger

The Killer Snakes

Kiss Of Death

The Lady Assassin

Long Road To Gallantry

Man Of Iron

The Master

The Mighty Peking Man

My Young Auntie

The Naval Commandos

The Rescue

River Of Fury

Savage 5

Secret Service Of The Imperial Court

The Sentimental Swordsman

Shaolin Avengers

Shaolin Intruders

Shaolin Prince

The Spirit Of The Sword

The Sword And The Lute

Swordsman And Enchantress

The Thundering Sword

Vengeance

The Web Of Death

oldeschool17

The Five Venoms: This has been OOP for probably 2 years now give or take

As for a bunch of the others, you can get them as IMAGE, Dragon Dynasty, or Siren versions. Some will even be picked up by Media Blasters, BCI, and maybe even Dragon Dynasty will release the ones they have rights to(i doubt they will release much)

Thanks for the list, Kwok Choi. In looking through Chinatown in NYC last week, many of those titles are still available. I am sure I saw Brave Archer 2, Dirty Ho, Shaolin Prince, Shaolin Avengers...

Five Venoms is available in many stores here, but I think it has been repressed because they do not have the paper slipcovers that were on the original IVL release.

The 4 titles I listed were the only ones I could find that were not in stock at dddhouse, buyoyo, and yesasia and that I had not seen in stores here.

Doctor Dee... any chance you can make a Shaw run for some us unfortunate ones that don't have a Chinatown in our neck of the woods? :)

Archived