The Panda Agent (formerly known as Project P) (2024) Jackie Chan

PandaPawPaw

I can understand Jackie, the guy is almost 70. He's at this point where he feels like doing roles outside his comfort zone isn't a necessity now, and knows that his old stuff is still popular with his fanbase. So his mindset is: Just replicate what has been done before. He has stuck with that approach since his prime, and still will do for as long as he can.

Can't say I'm excited though. I'm already visualizing a huge amount of CGI to go with his authentic fight scenes. But that said, I salute Jackie for still wanting to go at it. I would love to see him star in some more dramatic action roles before succumbing into more mediocrity as he gets older.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DiP said:

I can understand Jackie, the guy is almost 70. He's at this point where he feels like doing roles outside his comfort zone isn't a necessity now, and knows that his old stuff is still popular with his fanbase. So his mindset is: Just replicate what has been done before. He has stuck with that approach since his prime, and still will do for as long as he can.

Can't say I'm excited though. I'm already visualizing a huge amount of CGI to go with his authentic fight scenes. But that said, I salute Jackie for still wanting to go at it. I would love to see him star in some more dramatic action roles before succumbing into more mediocrity as he gets older.

I remember when he said he was going to move away from action film/MA films........................

I would kill for one more decent HK movie of his. He'd have to do some grovelling first I guess....

• Like 1

His films seem to be getting worse,he should play his age more.

Loved The Foreigner,but his films seem to have poor CGI and poor acting from his costars

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 2

It seems that they changed their first draft of the script for Jackie’s new movie Project P (P计划) where it was supposed to be a scientist rescuing Pandas that have been abducted by criminals.

Sure, that's fine. He's saved China's cultural artifacts many times, may as well save the wildlife too...

Now it says that an international movie star called Jackie (Jackie Chan) and his Agent called David (Xiang Wei) are somehow accidentally part of a rescue team for an anonymous superstar P. They both get to meet Jackie’s fan Su Xiaozhu (Junya Pan) who does charity in her life. Together they are on a mission. Note how they cut out the Panda head from the new movie title. Maybe just an accident, we’ll see.”

... oh. 

So even less to do with Project A than the initial premise, fantastic. 

We need to create a comprehensive list of every time Jackie has played a character named Jackie or Lung.  Including dub variations. 

36tripsofdeath

Well, it definitely will take place somewhere near present day. Jackie plays Jackie, a movie star his own age, also there will be car chases, shootouts, and explosions(via Jackie Chan France) There are only 4 ways this movie could be connected to Project A.

A) They are just referencing the title for nostalgia factor like Project X was meant to be.

B) it is a sequel in spirit.

C) Jackie is Dragon Ma reincarnated

D) Jackie is a relative of Dragon Ma.

It's probably a mix of A and B due to the inclusion of pirates.

Waaait a minute.  Supercop 2 is sometimes titled "Project S."

So in chronological release, we have Projects A, S, and P.  ASP.  A type of Snake!

Snake In Eagle's Shadow sequel confirmed!  Sponsored by Anaconda Malt Liquor!  

• Haha 4

On 8/11/2023 at 6:14 PM, JCFan2024 said:

Jackie is going to team up with Panda to fight Pirates? jk

Jackie is rescuing pirates from island of human eating mutant pandas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, ChillyChong said:

Jackie is rescuing pirates from island of human eating mutant pandas.

I hear their Kung Fu is intense.

image.gif.da99eb46145e8a24d8ee98665a73f953.gif

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, JCFan2024 said:

I hear their Kung Fu is intense.

image.gif.da99eb46145e8a24d8ee98665a73f953.gif

They're also good at stunts............

panda-hit-and-run.gif

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

They're also good at stunts............

panda-hit-and-run.gif

First a horse, now a Panda doing stunts.  Jackie is really thinking outside of the box here. They have a bad temeper when they don't get paid.

image.gif.93f92469a0a10e6fb99c237f597f6158.gif

• Haha 1

36tripsofdeath
12 hours ago, popsjnr said:

If it's an Old Man Chan fliks, it will be terrible...one good movie The Foreigner in 20 plus years 

I am very critical of Jackie's work myself. Most of his films from 2003-2023 have been terrible. However, I don't believe that The Foreigner has been his sole good movie of the last 20 years. In fact, The Foreigner is my third favorite with #2 being Spy Next Door and #1 being The Medallion. I also really like Twins Effect and Bleeding Steel.

Also, while they are far from perfect, I really enjoy parts of The Myth and Rush Hour 3. Heck, even The Forbidden Kingdom has minimal merit.

One other film to mention is Looking for Jackie. It is half great and half bad back and forth. The actors playing the lead character and his grandmother do excellent. Also, Jackie has a great role and executes it perfectly.

28 minutes ago, Josh Baker said:

What happened to The Diary? Is that ever going to be released?

NETFLIX probably.

On 8/15/2023 at 9:18 AM, popsjnr said:

If it's an Old Man Chan fliks, it will be terrible...one good movie The Foreigner in 20 plus years 

I actually liked New Police Story (2004), but I agree that pretty much everything else has been, at best, meh. 

• Like 2

On 8/13/2023 at 11:41 AM, starschwar said:

Waaait a minute.  Supercop 2 is sometimes titled "Project S."

So in chronological release, we have Projects A, S, and P.  ASP.  A type of Snake!

Snake In Eagle's Shadow sequel confirmed!  Sponsored by Anaconda Malt Liquor!  

And Rob-B-Hood's Chinese (and Japanese) title translated to Project BB (BB being slang for baby in [at least Hong Kong] Cantonese).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Asmo said:

And Rob-B-Hood's Chinese (and Japanese) title translated to Project BB (BB being slang for baby in [at least Hong Kong] Cantonese).

I was disappointed when I found out that Project BB wasn't about Busty Bosoms. :(

Edited by PandaPawPaw