Panda Plan (formerly known as Project P & The Panda Agent) (2024) Jackie Chan

PandaPawPaw

28 minutes ago, laagi said:

Regarding the trailer and to keep the 'Tropic Thunder' spirirt alive. Here's some advice for Jackie.

tumblr_moz0rx8lzE1sqv808o1_250.gif

So Jackie made a movie called Simple Jack that flopped so badly?

PandaPawPaw
9 hours ago, Pandaman said:

@PandaPawPaw I'm still upset they didn't include us in the movie.

image.gif.13fb1cc31f871b3063ed4c0644cd02ee.gif

We're even losing starring roles to dogs! TF!

tumblr_mue1vzL2IG1s02vreo1_400.gif

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, starschwar said:

This is from the timeline where he and Sammo had opposite roles in Heart of Dragon.

Beat me to it... lol.

karmi-wearing-dungarees.gif

• Haha 1

This looks awful! Weren't there some "rumours" about JC shooting movies for the Mainland crowd now because all his other stuff flopped so badly? It sure looks like it!

grimace-smile.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, chonk said:

Mainland crowd

Is this before or after the mass lobotomy? Asking for a friend who's potentially interested to watch this masterpiece.

@PandaPawPaw and @Pandaman off topic but there's a rather "successful" german rapper named 'Cro' who seems to be part of your family.

Edit: Looking at his pic he definitely looks like a "Panda Agent" lol

800px-Cro_at_the_Splash!_Festival.jpg

Edited by laagi
  • Haha 2

PandaPawPaw
21 minutes ago, laagi said:

@PandaPawPaw and @Pandaman off topic but there's a rather "successful" german rapper named 'Cro' who seems to be part of your family.

Edit: Looking at his pic he definitely looks like a "Panda Agent" lol

800px-Cro_at_the_Splash!_Festival.jpg

That looks like one of the potential 'Crows' we could of had! For the furries crowd.

PandaPawPaw
3 minutes ago, BrunoFirm said:

Second trailer, at least this one showed the action and less panda

I don't hate it (yeah I'm being biased so sue me!). Awww look at that pandas face! Coochie coochie coo!

:P

Edited by PandaPawPaw

Drunken Monk
1 hour ago, BrunoFirm said:

This looks very watchable. It might not be the ebst film in thr world, but i'm sure I can have a bit of fun with it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BrunoFirm said:

This actually looks pretty good for what it is, could be Jackie's "JCVD" or "The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent". I'm guessing Temur is going to be the big bad here with the blue mohawk. 

• Like 3

Yes it looks watchable and fun! I know everyone has different opinions, but this is Not "awful" as i've seen some comments, Jackie at 70 still throwing down and entertaining after all his classics, could literally do whatever he wants!

• Like 1

starschwar

There's little bits of action - fighting, dynamic maneuvering that are remarkable in their resemblance to what Jackie was doing back in the 90s.  He has aged incredibly well.  But with the ads really locking in on animal flatulence, I can't really be that optimistic for this one.

I didn't know Jackie is really playing a Hard Boiled  Cop protecting a Panda from a crime syndicate?

They shouldn't have messed with his Panda as Chan sets his sights on those who dare to kill his Panda.

GYFnTlmWQAEswmx.jpg

• Haha 1

On 8/10/2023 at 7:55 AM, DiP said:

I can understand Jackie, the guy is almost 70. He's at this point where he feels like doing roles outside his comfort zone isn't a necessity now, and knows that his old stuff is still popular with his fanbase. So his mindset is: Just replicate what has been done before. He has stuck with that approach since his prime, and still will do for as long as he can.

Can't say I'm excited though. I'm already visualizing a huge amount of CGI to go with his authentic fight scenes. But that said, I salute Jackie for still wanting to go at it. I would love to see him star in some more dramatic action roles before succumbing into more mediocrity as he gets older.

I don't think I've been excited about an upcoming Jackie Chan movie since about 1998. I'm not saying he hasn't starred in the occasional enjoyable movie since that time but Jackie past his prime is world's apart from Jackie in his prime, he should've quit making action movies decades ago. Even a movie like The Foreigner was kind of like a boxing fan watching a former great like Muhammad Ali fighting years past their prime, getting badly beaten by former sparring partners. It's painful to see a former all time great struggling to perform like their past, youthful self.

That being said, I'm still very much looking forward to getting the Project A movies in 4K sometime in the next few days (it's on it's way!), I love Jackie's classics. 

• Like 1

QuietGamer90
7 hours ago, Bruce said:

I don't think I've been excited about an upcoming Jackie Chan movie since about 1998. I'm not saying he hasn't starred in the occasional enjoyable movie since that time but Jackie past his prime is world's apart from Jackie in his prime, he should've quit making action movies decades ago. Even a movie like The Foreigner was kind of like a boxing fan watching a former great like Muhammad Ali fighting years past their prime, getting badly beaten by former sparring partners. It's painful to see a former all time great struggling to perform like their past, youthful self.

That being said, I'm still very much looking forward to getting the Project A movies in 4K sometime in the next few days (it's on it's way!), I love Jackie's classics. 

For me, it was around 2000 when I was introduced to Jackie Chan. So, it has been a completely different trajectory for me when it comes to following JC’s filmography haha.

So, compared to many here, I might appear pretty ‘lenient’ when it comes to his movies (that I watched) generally in the last 15 or so years. No doubt, there have been some bad movies, but at the same time he’s been involved in far more decent to solid work than he has been given credit for imho. I have yet to watch Ride On, but I have generally heard positive things about it.

I hope his upcoming projects like Whispers of Gratitude and Karate Kid 2025 turn out to be good as well : )

Edited by QuietGamer90

2 hours ago, QuietGamer90 said:

For me, it was around 2000 when I was introduced to Jackie Chan. So, it has been a completely different trajectory for me when it comes to following JC’s filmography haha.

So, compared to many here, I might appear pretty ‘lenient’ when it comes to his movies (that I watched) generally in the last 15 or so years. No doubt, there have been some bad movies, but at the same time he’s been involved in far more decent to solid work than he has been given credit for imho. I have yet to watch Ride On, but I have generally heard positive things about it.

I hope his upcoming projects like Whispers of Gratitude and Karate Kid 2025 turn out to be good as well : )

Is Whispers Of Gratitude the one involving someone with Alzheimer's? From what little I've heard about it (which is very little), that one sounds like the kind of project he should've been turning to years ago, pure, hopefully well written, drama, I hope Jackie does well with it. Regardless of how I feel about the quality of Jackie's movies over the last 25 years or so, I have to give Jackie credit for at least one thing during that time period ... work ethic! If I were his age & had his wealth I would have retired & disappeared from public sight years ago! I'd have been more like Chris Tucker than Jackie in that regard! :)

• Like 1