That's a Wrap (2023) Monique Parent, Sarah French, Gigi Gustin, Cerina Vincent

AlbertV

Coming out August 25th, this new horror film is the 1st production of Neon Noir, founded by director Marcel Walz, writer/producer Joe Knetter, and Knetter's wife, actor/producer Sarah French.

At a wrap party for Mason Maestro's latest slasher film "That's a Wrap", a private party with the actors and director along with his wife turns deadly when someone dresses up at the film's slasher Mistress, killing everyone one-by-one in ways similar to the film. The film has an Italian giallo inspiration in terms of the death scenes and brings a "meta" effect to the film. Special appearance by special effects legend Tom Savini. 

I like the design of the killer. She has the look of a Japanese horror movie killer. Everything else about this movie looks like it’s going to be garbage. I’ll pass. 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2023 at 2:50 PM, DarthKato said:

I like the design of the killer. She has the look of a Japanese horror movie killer. Everything else about this movie looks like it’s going to be garbage. I’ll pass. 

I loved this movie! It has a meta feel about the wrap party of a new horror film called "That's a Wrap" in which the actors and crew are there and someone dressed as the film's killer, begins to actually kill the actors and crew in Italian-giallo manner. So it's plenty of over the top bloody madness. The horror tropes are all there but there is 1 kill in particular that had me both cringe and laugh at the same time. I did interviews with director Marcel Walz and star Monique Parent (who started her career in 90's erotic thrillers before switching gears mid-2000s) Had a great time talking to both of them about the film

• Like 1