Scream 7 (TBA) - Neve Campbell

AlbertV

There is going to be a Scream 7 as it has been greenlit. However, no details are hit yet in terms of plot due to the WGA strikes. However, before the strikes, a new director had signed and it will be none other than Freaky and Happy Death Day helmer Christopher Landon, replacing the duo of Radio Silence who had helmed the fifth and sixth films. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/christopher-landon-to-direct-scream-7-1235549639/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, AlbertV said:

There is going to be a Scream 7 as it has been greenlit. However, no details are hit yet in terms of plot due to the WGA strikes. However, before the strikes, a new director had signed and it will be none other than Freaky and Happy Death Day helmer Christopher Landon, replacing the duo of Radio Silence who had helmed the fifth and sixth films. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/christopher-landon-to-direct-scream-7-1235549639/

Well, Happy Death Day was a pretty good movie, so there might be hope for this. But honestly, do we really need 7 Scream movies? They need to learn how to stop beating a dead horse already. 

Super Ninja

Scream 5 got me wanting more, 6 made me think now I've had enough, so 7? I'm not really excited about this news, but I could be easily bought with a solid story and a satisfying number of meaty, imaginitve kills. 

ChillyChong

I still have 5th in waiting to be watched pile but consider that great news. Some of my fav long running horror lines are in bad shape or over(for now or permanantly?). Been ages since last Friday movie same with Elm street. Was bad way to end Halloween. Who knows if Final Destination comes, got tired last year following what is situation, too many rumours and false news in net. At least Chucky is alive and kicking even if would prefer movies over tv-series.

Scre4m movies are good and watch 5&6 on halloween.

Jenna Ortega has left the film as well. Since the firing of Melissa Barrera, it had been immediately rumored that Ortega, who played Tara Carpenter in Scream '22 and Scream VI would opt out to support Barrera and it looks official.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/jenna-ortega-quits-scream-vii-1235675434/

• Like 2

22 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Melissa Barrera has been dropped from Scream VII because of some recent posts involving the Israel-Hamas war. She played Sam Carpenter in 2022's Scream and 2023's Scream VI

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/melissa-barrera-fired-scream-vii-1235669458/

She spoke out against genocide and got fired. Hollywood’s nuts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

She spoke out against genocide and got fired. Hollywood’s nuts.

Exactly.  Susan Sarandon got dropped from her agency for the same reason. 

As for Ortega, she is not doing the film because she will be shooting the second season of Wednesday.

With Barrera and Ortega officially not returning, writers James Vanderbilt and Guy Busick are now doing a new script which will feature new protagonists. Both Barrera and Ortega had only signed on for the last 2 films anyway and quite frankly, I think their arc ended well. 

With the new protagonists, the writers and director Christopher Landon are hoping they can work out a deal for Neve Campbell and Patrick Dempsey to return as Sidney Prescott and Mark Kincaid. They did end up becoming a couple as mentioned in the last film by Gale Weathers. Campbell opted out of the last one after a salary dispute, so here's hoping they do work out a better salary for Campbell should they attempt to make it happen.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/scream-7-eyes-neve-campbell-patrick-dempsey-to-return-1235805929/

Damn. I still haven't even seen Scream 2 yet. Its right over there on my movie shelf. Staring at me with longing eyes. But I just haven't found time for it. I don't see myself ever watching this.

Christopher Landon took to his Twitter/X account to formally announce he has left Scream 7.

Edited by AlbertV

With Barrera and Ortega not coming back and Christopher Landon dropping out, I personally think Scream VI had a fitting end and they should just stop now while they're ahead but know that's just wishful thinking.

Drunken Monk

Kevin Williamson doesn’t exactly get my anticipation up, considering he’s only ever directed one film and it wasn’t a horror film. But I suppose he has some credit to his name since he wrote the original. I just think we’ve moved on from that formula. Scream’s evolution has been decent over the last two movies.

PandaPawPaw

I want Sidney to be under the mask this time and get killed so this whole franchise can end.