Louis Koo aims to bring Hong Kong film industry to new heights

DiP

Super Ninja

Warriors of Future changed how I feel about Koo and made me appreciate his efforts, regardless of the results. While not being my favorite HK actor, and CGI certainly not being the best direction or a solution for the future of the industry, I can support Koo's initiative. Despite a more promising feel to it then before, HK cinema could still use all the help it can get.

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw

I was a bit weary of Koo when he was younger with that awful fake tan but he turned into a decent actor. Loved him in Drug War.

• Like 1

CGI is the last thing I want to see in Hong Kong (and in general) movies so I'm hoping for more authenticity. I can totally understand why today's filmmaking is playing it safe with spending big budgets on practical effects, and real stuff being destroyed for all our pleasure. Still, everything else has limits too and overusage of CGI is no exception. Seeing it overtake a whole production is no fun at all unless it's relevant to the material (Warriors of the Future fits that bill).

That being said, Louis Koo has a valid point. Modern Hong Kong cinema is quite restricted when it comes to certain genres that Hong Kong filmmakers used to touch on back in the glory days, and that's where the next step should be focused on. Koo deserves credit for doing something about the crisis in the local film industry.