Lost Memories - Movie Identification

Kimber45Ultra

Question

Kimber45Ultra

I was born in 70.  My Dad was into martial arts movies, drive in theaters and Bruce Lee.  I was right next to him the whole time.  Great memories.  There are 2 characters that I loved but I've never been able to find them since I've grown up.  One was where the hero would quietly sneak up on the bad guys and you knew he was sneaking up because of the background sounds.  It would go "chicka chicka chaw" like in a whisper.  I think he was called the green dragon or something dragon. (I don't think it was The Green Dragon Inn.  Thats all that comes up when I search it)  The next was a girl with a long braid and some kind of ball bearings or something weaved into the end of her braid and she would sling the braid around like a whip.  I think her name was Jeni Li or Jenny Lee.  I'm not sure about their names.  I was between the ages of 5 & 7.

I've tried searching every possible way to find these movies.  I decided to try a forum but I'm afraid if Google can't find them, they may be lost to me forever.  Please let me know if these are familiar to anyone or if anyone knows any names of movies they may be in, I'd be very interested and appreciative.

Thanks, Kim

• Like 6

14 answers to this question

The braid with something at it's end sounds like Angela Mao' s braid in Hapkido, yes.

And the chiki chiki cha  reminds me of David Chiang in All men are brothers.

Dis this sound come the guy' s shoes, or was it in the soundtrack. Je it was in the soundtrack, then, it might be the movie I mention.

5 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Dis this sound come the guy' s shoes, or was it in the soundtrack. Je it was in the soundtrack, then, it might be the movie I mention.

Sorry, I meant The water Margin, but David Chiang plays the same role in both movies, and this sound is his signature in the movie.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Kimber45Ultra

OMGOSH you guys!  Look!

I think you found it!  The Water Margin was edited for release in the U.S. under the name Seven Blows of the Dragon and I found that page below that references Chigga Chigga Cha!  Thats got to be it!  I can't wait to watch it with my dad!!!  Thank you all so much!!

Also, right now it's a toss-up between Angela Mao in Hapkido and Nancy Yen in Fearless Golden Dragon for the girl with the braid.  I'm leaning towards Nancy Yen because I just saw her in a fight scene with her braid that triggered the scenes that flash in my mind. 

I cannot believe ya'll knew these so quickly.  I obviously came to the right place  :wub:

chigga chigga chaaa.png

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

35 minutes ago, Kimber45Ultra said:

The next was a girl with a long braid and some kind of ball bearings or something weaved into the end of her braid and she would sling the braid around like a whip.

Could that be Hapkido?

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

One Armed Boxer
2 hours ago, Kimber45Ultra said:

The next was a girl with a long braid and some kind of ball bearings or something weaved into the end of her braid and she would sling the braid around like a whip.

If it doesn't turn out to be 'Hapkido', give this thread a whirl - 

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Kimber45Ultra
18 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

The braid with something at it's end sounds like Angela Mao' s braid in Hapkido, yes.

Sorry, I meant The water Margin, but David Chiang plays the same role in both movies, and this sound is his signature in the movie.

I'm pretty sure it was a soundtrack.  I'm going to check this one right away.  Like it would show the bad guys in and around a house or a structure and it would zoom out.  It's dark and quiet and you'd hear the sound chika chika chaaa and then you'd see him sneaking across the roof to come and take them all out.  Thank you!

• Like 1

Kimber45Ultra
20 hours ago, thekfc said:

Could that be Hapkido?

Wow, I just watched a clip and that may totally be it!  I need to watch more.  I have certain scenes trapped in my head and I know I'll know it as soon as I see it.  I can see her swinging that braid around and taking guys out and I guarantee it was one of my go to moves in my living room Kung Fu fights with my Dad.  Thank you so much. 

I wonder where I got the name Jenny Li?  It's imprinted in there for sure.  I wonder if maybe that was the characters name...or maybe I'm just combining memories.  I asked Bing AI about Jenny Li and it told me that there was an actress named Jeni Li but it couldn't locate any movies to suggest. So, Idk

• Like 3

Kimber45Ultra
19 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

If it doesn't turn out to be 'Hapkido', give this thread a whirl - 

:BL-Thanks:

• Like 3

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

@Kimber45Ultra these kung fu brothers and sisters are awesome.

I'm glad you could get the info you were looking for here on the forum, and we hope you stick around to share and enjoy more memories with us.

• Like 3

Kimber45Ultra
2 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

@Kimber45Ultra these kung fu brothers and sisters are awesome.

I'm glad you could get the info you were looking for here on the forum, and we hope you stick around to share and enjoy more memories with us.

Really was so sweet of ya'll to help a girl out.  I've been looking for those forever and I can't believe ya'll put that together from the memories of a 5 year old girl.  For christ's sake, I only gave you a sound from the background music, that you couldn't even hear haha.  I'm just bubbling over with excitement.  I'd love to stick around.

• Like 3

Kimber45Ultra

Also!!, when I first asked the question, I told you I remembered the name Green Dragon...in that description of Seven Blows of the Dragon, it mentions the Jade Dragon as the main bad guy.  Isn't that wild?  My 5 yr old brain new jade was green lol.  The hero that has the chigga chigga chaa sound is the Young Dragon.  Still can't believe ya'll found them.  Now I have to figure out how to get my hands on the movie.  I don't have a vhs or dvd player anymore.  Maybe youtube or a streaming service.  If all else fails, I'll get a dvd player.

• Like 1

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
20 minutes ago, Kimber45Ultra said:

Really was so sweet of ya'll to help a girl out.  I've been looking for those forever and I can't believe ya'll put that together from the memories of a 5 year old girl.  For christ's sake, I only gave you a sound from the background music, that you couldn't even hear haha.  I'm just bubbling over with excitement.  I'd love to stick around.

That's how I first came to the forum too. I had a question and my wife suggested looking at the forum (I had to ask her "What's a forum?" at the time) of my favorite website kungfucinema.com. So I did, I got my answer right away, and I made a lot of great friends.

12 minutes ago, Kimber45Ultra said:

Also!!, when I first asked the question, I told you I remembered the name Green Dragon...in that description of Seven Blows of the Dragon, it mentions the Jade Dragon as the main bad guy.  Isn't that wild?  My 5 yr old brain new jade was green lol.  The hero that has the chigga chigga chaa sound is the Young Dragon.  Still can't believe ya'll found them.  Now I have to figure out how to get my hands on the movie.  I don't have a vhs or dvd player anymore.  Maybe youtube or a streaming service.  If all else fails, I'll get a dvd player.

That is wild!

Do you have a Blu-ray player?

• Like 1

Kimber45Ultra
14 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

That's how I first came to the forum too. I had a question and my wife suggested looking at the forum (I had to ask her "What's a forum?" at the time) of my favorite website kungfucinema.com. So I did, I got my answer right away, and I made a lot of great friends.

That is wild!

Do you have a Blu-ray player?

Noo, I guess I've basically switched over to streaming services.  It may be time to get one though.  It's funny that you said what's a forum.  I'm not familiar either.  When I got the first three responses, I was so excited to answer but I couldn't figure out how to answer back haha.  I dm'd PandaPawPaw and they explained how to respond.  We learn as we go I suppose.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kimber45Ultra said:

Yihaa ! Another fan girl here ! Welcome !!

• Like 4