Hundreds of Beavers (2023) Ryland Brickson Cole Tews

AlbertV

A drunken applejack salesman in the 19th century must become a zero to hero and become the world's biggest trapper and trap the titular hundreds of beavers. This is a meshing of Looney Tunes, Adult Swim, and truly a WTF kind of movie!!!...I'm all in!!!! 

Co-written by director Mike Cheslik and star Ryland Brickson Cole Tews (try saying name that 5x fast)

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, AlbertV said:

and truly a WTF kind of movie!!!...I'm all in!!!! 

What the heck.....I will give it a watch.

PandaPawPaw
10 hours ago, laagi said:

I've expected some "Beaver" jokes from you. Call me disappointed sir :yociexp10:

9020303cad4367da2b2010e329850189.jpg

There!

• Haha 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Drunken Monk

This looks like a blend of comedy and art house and I'm just not sure that's for me. I was one of the few that didn't enjoy The Lighthouse, even though many people found it uproariously funny.

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

This looks like a blend of comedy and art house and I'm just not sure that's for me. I was one of the few that didn't enjoy The Lighthouse, even though many people found it uproariously funny.

Art house it definitely isn't! I saw the film yesterday and laughed my butt off. The whole movie is silent with the exception of sound effects....it has it all...crazy rabbits and "hundreds of beavers" (played by extras as well as the lead actor himself), snow bunnies with boobs (literally), martial arts, a hyper realistic horror style kill without the gore, funny as hell chase scenes, and even a nod to tokukatsu!....I think this may be my favorite film of the year so far! 

AlbertV
Posted (edited)

The film is playing in a limited theatrical release in New York and Los Angeles with more screenings popping up. I had the pleasure of interviewing director Mike Cheslik and star Ryland Brickson Cole Tews about the film. Had fun talking to these guys.

It was my favorite film of 2023....seriously. 

https://www.hundredsofbeavers.com/ (to see where the film is screening)

Edited by AlbertV

KenHashibe

I've been excited for this movie for over a year; I'm a big fan of their previous movie Lake Michigan Monster.

Gonna be seeing it this week, I'll report back with my thoughts.