Love & Sex in Sung Dynasty - Questions

DrNgor

Question

1. First, the HKMDB entry for this film states that there are two versions of this film: one by My Way Film Company and another by Winner's Workshop. The version available on Youtube is the Winner's Workshop one, presented by Jacky Wong. Thus the question is: What is the difference between the two versions? Would be the inclusion of the titular sex in the My Way version, which is totally absent from the Winner's Workshop one? And does the My Way version still exist?

2. Is it me, or does this guy look like Xing Yu?

image.png.5e695bd0d53e5a121925db72469283f1.png

5 answers to this question

12 hours ago, DrNgor said:

1. First, the HKMDB entry for this film states that there are two versions of this film: one by My Way Film Company and another by Winner's Workshop. The version available on Youtube is the Winner's Workshop one, presented by Jacky Wong. Thus the question is: What is the difference between the two versions? Would be the inclusion of the titular sex in the My Way version, which is totally absent from the Winner's Workshop one? And does the My Way version still exist?

2. Is it me, or does this guy look like Xing Yu?

image.png.5e695bd0d53e5a121925db72469283f1.png

I often saw Chin SIu Ho on the cover of the dvd. Now that I check your hkmdb link, I see that Ko Fei is also in this movie. Did you watch it ? Are there any martial arts in it ? Interesting ones, I mean.

27 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Did you watch it ? Are there any martial arts in it ? Interesting ones, I mean.

I did. Full review at the site is pending.

• Like 1

I have the Jacky Wong Winner's version on VCD and can only say that this movie sucks. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WATCHING THIS CRAP. First of all, VCDs are shitty to begin with but the picture quality on this movie is a level below typical VCD crap quality. Secondly, the title is completely misleading as there is NO sex in this flick at all. Thirdly, for having a decent cast of Chin Siu-ho, Elvis Tsui, Shing Fui-on, Philip Ko they are completely wasted here and underutilized. The only semi-redeeming thing about this abomination is Monica Chan, who is pretty cute here and her character gives an inkling to a possible lesbo affair with Chiu Man but it's just a tease as nothing happens.

17 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I have the Jacky Wong Winner's version on VCD and can only say that this movie sucks. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WATCHING THIS CRAP. First of all, VCDs are shitty to begin with but the picture quality on this movie is a level below typical VCD crap quality. Secondly, the title is completely misleading as there is NO sex in this flick at all.

Yeah, that makes me wonder if the other version had sex and nudity and women doffing their hanfus at the drop of a hat. I didn't hate it, but the story has a lot of holes in it and they should have done a Jess Franco title change for the alternate version.