The Lizard - Any Reviews?

Guest Shaolin Patriot

Guest Shaolin Patriot

I came across this early DVD release, while doing a search. Reviews describe it as a kung fu superhero film. Is Yuen Hua the superhero title character? Please share your reviews and rate this title.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Shaolin Patriot

Thanks for your reply, KyFi. With your feedback and Mark Pollard's review, I'm already sold. Looking forward to buying it! :D

Guest Markgway

Can anyone confirm if the Siren DVD is anamorphic and progressive and mono?

I'm sure the Image release is interlaced.

Killer Meteor
Can anyone confirm if the Siren DVD is anamorphic and progressive and mono?

I'm sure the Image release is interlaced.

It's non anamorphic and mono.

well, the Image is horribly PAL-NTSC and then downspeeded via Adobe Premiere or something similar, adding ANOTHER set of blending to the already horrible Video Quality...

mind you, it's not even real 23.976 speed, but a mishmash done by super-amateurs.

Guest Markgway
well, the Image is horribly PAL-NTSC and then downspeeded via Adobe Premiere or something similar, adding ANOTHER set of blending to the already horrible Video Quality...

mind you, it's not even real 23.976 speed, but a mishmash done by super-amateurs.

Sounds horrible. But is there a better version anywhere?

There's a Thai Region 0 version from Celestial. Is that the one to go with?

Been eyeing this movie for months, but have hesitated getting the Image release (cheap though it is at this point) after reading one too many horror stories regarding the bad PAL conversion.

Guest Markgway

I believe the Thai release is slightly inferior to the HK one and both are 5.1 remixes. That's why I went for the Image DVD. What is the point of reviews if they don't mention key shit like HOH titles? The OOP R4 was also mono, I think, but letterboxed. Seems like every release is screwed up one way or another.......

Guest Markgway
O.K. so then if there's no truly superior version, I may as well go with the Image edition. At least it's cheap.

If you're interested in mine, which is like new, drop me a PM.

I should propably re-visit this movie. Seen it only once years ago but I remember it being rather boring...:crossedlips:

Archived