Futurama... It's back... Again - 1999-202?

laagi

First of all WHY on earth doesn't this show have its own topic yet AGAIN.

Anyhow, I always thought that when Futurama dropped way back in '99 it was the spiritual successor to The Simpsons.

It pretty much picked up where the latter left off. Sometimes for the worse or better but overall I've always enjoyed Futurama!

Now some you fine folks may have missed this news but Futurama was actually picked up for a 11th season 10 years after its last renewal.

Watching re-runs on TV I was somehow excited and at the same times worried. First of all would they still be able to pull off their jokes (god knows the climate has changed A LOT) and secondly it's now basically owned by Disney. Which in my book is an immediate red flag!

However after streaming the first episode I gotta say I'm glad Futurama is back. It couldn't get any more meta in those 20+ minutes but in a surprisingly good way. Curious to see what else they'll do with the show before it will get cancelled again I guess.

PandaPawPaw

I could never get into it. I found bender fucking annoying.

Plus I don't know if they ever got it on but the main two really needed to just bonk already. Geez!

• Like 1

I don’t think I’ve actually seen it all the way through, so before I catch the new season I’m gonna do a full rewatch. I’ve been wanting to do that for a while anyway. 

• Like 1

I watched the first few seasons and then bowed out. I'm just not into shows like this anymore. Shows like Futurama, The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, they all just got really tiresome and outstayed their welcome long ago. 

I used to like Futurama, but lost track of it after a while. I remember watching it together with the short-lived Dilbert cartoon.

Unless I'm getting something mixed up, hadn't Futurama been cancelled once before? Or there was a couple of years gap between renewals at some point?

PandaPawPaw
9 hours ago, Agent U said:

I used to like Futurama, but lost track of it after a while. I remember watching it together with the short-lived Dilbert cartoon.

Unless I'm getting something mixed up, hadn't Futurama been cancelled once before? Or there was a couple of years gap between renewals at some point?

It was cancelled in 2003 then came back in 2009-2013.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futurama

Epsidoe 2 was a total waste of time! Nothing besides a few chuckles worked here.

Also I gotta say the glossy animations at times look like ass as compared to the early seasons where they're still a bit rough around the edges.