Weird/strange/funny/random Thread.

PandaPawPaw

Jackson, Wisconsin, dentist Scott Charmoli, 61, was convicted on March 10 of five counts of health care fraud and two counts of making false statements about his patients' treatment, The Washington Post reported, after a scheme in which he drilled into and deliberately broke his patients' teeth so he would have to charge them to fix the damage.
His plan increased his income from $1.4 million in 2014 to $2.5 million a year later.
Federal prosecutors reported that Charmoli inserted more crowns in his patients' mouths than 95% of Wisconsin dentists between 2016 and 2019.
Have any of you had any expensive treatments?

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

They all look cool doing it (well the 2nd one doesn't count) but I wonder how many tries it took apart from Donnie who does everything effortlessly.

PandaPawPaw

Extraordinary tale of scientist parents who adopted a chimpanzee to raise as their baby's SISTER - but bitterly regretted bizarre 'nature versus nurture' experiment on their son after it yielded chilling results

"Winthrop and Luella Kellogg conducted the experiment in 1931"

"They adopted a chimpanzee called Gua who they raised as their baby Donald's sister, teaching her to eat, sleep and walk like a human "

"The experiment was due to run for five years but was abandoned after the couple began to notice eerie changes in their son's behaviour"

"'In a very short time span, Gua’s life had gone from being a child reared in a human home, complete with a two-parent family, a sibling, a house, clothing, and a bed, to being a caged laboratory primate,' writes By Andrew R. Halloran in his 2021 book The Song of the Ape: Understanding the Languages of Chimpanzees."

"And before long before the couple realized that in socializing Gua to become human, their son had adopted some animal traits."

"Donald took to walking around on all fours, dragging his knuckles like an ape."

"He would often start biting people when he became aggressive and he and Gua shared a secret language of bark-like noises that they would use to communicate"

"They also reportedly lost interest in the experiment after failing to teach Gua to speak."

"Gua was returned to captivity and became the subject of another experiment. She spent the rest of her life in a laboratory cage."

"Two years later, Gua contracted pneumonia and died. The results from the Kelloggs' study was published in 1933, entitled The Ape and the Child."

"The study concluded that 'there are definite limits to the degree of humanization that can be achieved by non-human species regardless of the amount of socializing and humanizing effects'.

"Little is known about the impact of the experiment on Donald, but he tragically took his own life in January 1973 at the age of 43."

"His suicide came after the death of both parents in the summer of 1972."

WTF! Poor chimp and baby. :(

Edited by PandaPawPaw

Omni Dragon
On 1/25/2024 at 11:24 AM, PandaPawPaw said:

California audiologist who stabbed boyfriend 108 times in ‘cannabis-induced psychosis’ gets a slap on the wrist

WTF! I don't care what shit she was on! She killed someone but gets away with it!

From reading that article, I don't understand how her intoxication could be considered involuntary?

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
1 hour ago, Omni Dragon said:

From reading that article, I don't understand how her intoxication could be considered involuntary?

Thats.....

viralhog-gun-fire.gif....

for ya.

Edited by PandaPawPaw

Omni Dragon

I saw this on another forum and thought it was some kind of joke but, it seems as though Fox News is actually questioning 'Is Taylor Swift a Pentagon Psyop?'

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattnovak/2024/01/10/why-conspiracy-theorists-think-taylor-swift-is-a-pentagon-psy-op/

PsyopsTS.jpg.8199447987194f7aa60404dfb4fbd333.jpg

Have you heard the claim that musician Taylor Swift is a secret “psy-op” used by the Pentagon to influence public opinion? It was a claim largely relegated to conspiracy theorists on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter, before Jesse Watters did a segment about the idea on Fox News on Tuesday. But the Fox News segment takes a viral video wildly out of context.

Watters played a clip from a NATO conference, but didn’t give any necessary context to his viewers about what they were watching. And Watters seems to think Swift’s popularity in itself is a sign of some dark forces pulling strings behind the scenes,

“Have you ever wondered why or how she blew up like this?” Watters asked viewers after rattling off Swift’s accomplishments on Tuesday night in a segment first flagged by Mediaite.

“Well, around four years ago, the Pentagon psychological operations unit floated turning Taylor Swift into an asset during a NATO meeting. What kind of asset? A psy-op for combatting online misinformation,” Watters told viewers.

Watters then played a heavily edited clip of a presentation given by an academic, suggesting there was some nefarious reason Swift and her music are so popular.

“Yeah, that’s real. The Pentagon psy-op unit pitched NATO on turning Taylor Swift into an asset,” Watters continued.

• Confused 1

I know these type of street fighting or gym challenge shows are getting popular in Asia like Japan's Breaking Down started by MMA fighter Asakura (where wannabe tough guys and gangsters duke it out in the ring) but this fat guy just goes overboard by kicking, stomping and hitting his downed opponents. There needs to be better regulation or someone will get seriously injured or even killed. This fat guy gym bully seems Korean by the background and language spoken even though this is a Chinese YT channel. Anyone know this fat bully's name or anything about him? Have to watch on YT since embedding has been disabled by the uploader.

https://youtu.be/IHkqPfDGDnY?si=2LXH2_OlDUvv9iqf

Edited by Yihetuan

PandaPawPaw

I absolutely love watching these videos! The guy/gal is amazingly talented!

https://www.scmp.com/news/people-culture/trending-china/article/3250522/con-artist-rural-china-who-hired-luxury-cars-pretended-be-rich-swindled-40-women-out-us280000-jailed

Ha, I like how they portray it in the article as using sophisticated “time management” skills. That's an understatement to be able to string 40 women along for so long. I'm not victim blaming here but this is absurd "Pretending to be rich, he dated the woman and persuaded her and her parents to sell their flats, putting the money into his bank account, the court said." How do you just go along without doing any sort of background check or at the very least some skepticism?

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
2 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

https://www.scmp.com/news/people-culture/trending-china/article/3250522/con-artist-rural-china-who-hired-luxury-cars-pretended-be-rich-swindled-40-women-out-us280000-jailed

Ha, I like how they portray it in the article as using sophisticated “time management” skills. That's an understatement to be able to string 40 women along for so long. I'm not victim blaming here but this is absurd "Pretending to be rich, he dated the woman and persuaded her and her parents to sell their flats, putting the money into his bank account, the court said." How do you just go along without doing any sort of background check or at the very least some skepticism?

Yeah I don't get how some people are so trusting! :o

I'm not saying what he did was good but stringing along 40 women takes some serious skill! Maybe if he applied that properly he could actually be rich in a legit way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Yeah I don't get how some people are so trusting! :o

I'm not saying what he did was good but stringing along 40 women takes some serious skill! Maybe if he applied that properly he could actually be rich in a legit way.

yeah, plus there is a gender imbalance over there due to the one child policy and a shortage of women for eligible Chinese men and this one guy is bogarting them for himself. :laugh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1