Silenced (2011)

DiP

So Netflix has this movie, and out of several titles that are available I just had to give it a try due to its' catchy premise. The synopsis: A teacher enrolled in a school for deaf students begins to suspect that some of them have secrets that they are forced keep for themselves (hence the title). 

I don't regret making that choice because the movie really grabbed me from start to end. It has ingredients that really captivates you while watching what happens in the story and how things are followed up. It's apparently based on a true incident, and that alone makes the story all the more tragic and emotional. When you find out about the secrets, you can only hope to see justice prevail because of the sinister things that have happen. Overall, the moral of the story is: What's worth in life? Seeking justice for the victimized and as a way to repair damage? Or letting the victimized move on and grow into stronger individuals? It's a subject matter that makes you brainstorm about things, and the filmmakers kept that in mind when further progressing the events. It's entertaining and also reminds us that we all can relate to something like this.

Yet another great piece of modern Korean cinema! Koreans truly know how it's done.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 1