Chang Cheh crew circa 1973

teako170

Not sure what the event is here. Based on the flower leis, guessing this was taken outside Hong Kong for a press conference or other. While the five worked together on The Water Margin 水滸傳 (1972), Wang Chung didn't get true recognition until The Delinquent 憤怒青年 (1973). Thinking this might have been during production for All Men Are Brothers 蕩寇誌 (1973)? I've looked ( and I have a lot of stuff to dig through ) but unfortunately I cannot find any specifics for this photo. But still (lol), a cool photo nonetheless. Open it up on your PC for the full effect (2000 x 1410).

All Men Are Brothers.jpg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, teako170 said:

Not sure what the event is here. Based on the flower leis, guessing this was taken outside Hong Kong for a press conference or other. While the five worked together on The Water Margin 水滸傳 (1972), Wang Chung didn't get true recognition until The Delinquent 憤怒青年 (1973). Thinking this might have been during production for All Men Are Brothers 蕩寇誌 (1973)? I've looked ( and I have a lot of stuff to dig through ) but unfortunately I cannot find any specifics for this photo. But still (lol), a cool photo nonetheless. Open it up on your PC for the full effect (2000 x 1410).

All Men Are Brothers.jpg

Cool photo! Lei giving started in the Polynesian Islands; looking at the curtains, it appears the actors may be somewhere near there or someone just went for that kind of look.   I also found this old photo of Damien Lau Chung Yan.  It's not Shaw-related, but the time period/era appears to be the same.  I have no idea where this photo was taken, but Lau wears a double-strung orchid lei in this one, currently costing about $40USD.......now I'm curious.

DL.jpg

Edited by morpheus
  • Like 2