I am Rage (2023) Hannaj Bang Bendz, Marta Svetek, Antonia Whillans

AlbertV

From the director of The Redwoods Massacre franchise comes this exploitation action thriller from the co-writer of Army of One. A cult who works in a sinister blood trade kidnap Erin (Bendz) as their next victim. They made the biggest mistake of their lives because Erin has a dark and violent past and she is about unleash her rage on this group of villains. Coming to DVD and Digital on August 1. 

This film marks Keith's first foray into the action genre. He usually specializes in horror films and there are some horror-like elements to the plot. Chris Torres serves as the film's fight choreographer. 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, DarthKato said:

This has a very silly, amateurish feel to it. I think I'll pass. 

I will say I watched it a few days ago and i actually liked it. There are a few horror elements to the film and it was a bit inspired by Sound of Freedom (the controversy piece) and Hannaj Bang Bends does get to kick some butt as she is trained in martial arts (Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Kali) and gets to use those skills. She also does something you'd expect in an exploitation OTT movie of the genre.  

I wouldn't blame Keith though.  It is his first action film and he is looking to do one more before going back to his trademark horror. 

With the right choreographers and team down the road, I can see Hannaj as a future action star.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, AlbertV said:

I will say I watched it a few days ago and i actually liked it. There are a few horror elements to the film and it was a bit inspired by Sound of Freedom (the controversy piece) and Hannaj Bang Bends does get to kick some butt as she is trained in martial arts (Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Kali) and gets to use those skills. She also does something you'd expect in an exploitation OTT movie of the genre.  

I wouldn't blame Keith though.  It is his first action film and he is looking to do one more before going back to his trademark horror. 

With the right choreographers and team down the road, I can see Hannaj as a future action star.

My biggest problem was that the fight scenes looked very stiff and awkward. So a better choreographer should defiantly be on the top of his list if he makes more action films.