Godzilla Minus One (2023)

AlbertV

Super Ninja
1 hour ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Should’ve gotten more than just one nomination including best picture. Glad it won the visual fx though, congrats to Toho.

Agreed. Best film of the year if you ask me. 

• Love 1

They should've had a guy in a Godzilla costume waiting backstage just in case it won...or at least have the award presented by Rick Baker in a King Kong costume.

Yihetuan
On 3/10/2024 at 10:03 AM, Yihetuan said:

In a few days, Takashi Yamazaki is going to release his short, Food Rosla.

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 10-02-33 Kaiju No. 14 on X A new kaiju short film by Godzilla Minus One director Takashi Yamazaki titled Food Rosla will be released online on March 14th. https __t.co_ssNiQtMc8o _ X.png

Here's the complete short film, Foodlosslla that Yamazaki did for Ajinomoto Foods. The punchline is if you use Ajinomoto seasonings (MSG) and some creativity, it'll make dishes that your family will want to eat and clean the bowl and not leave wasteful food scraps or leftovers that have to be discarded.

This was outstanding! Loved every single minute of it. The mix of (anti-) war drama and creature film was on point.

I honestly regret not seeing this in cinemas BUT to my defense when it comes to asian productions on the big screen my country is unfortunately still in its infancy.

I've never been a big Godzilla fan heck the only one I ever watched was the first? US version from 1998. At least that gave us a good soundtrack but boy did that age well lol.

Anyway, watch this! On the biggest TV set you have available.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2024 at 5:17 PM, DrNgor said:

They should've had a guy in a Godzilla costume waiting backstage just in case it won...or at least have the award presented by Rick Baker in a King Kong costume.

And then have it turn into something like this...

Super Ninja
22 hours ago, laagi said:

when it comes to asian productions on the big screen my country is unfortunately still in its infancy.

I feel your pain brother, it's no better for me. Seeing Minus One showing in theaters here was like witnessing a miracle. The experience is worth every cent.

Best film of the year if you ask me.

• Buddha Bless You 1

PandaPawPaw

I'm going to be finally watching this soon but can anyone tell me which version is the original/preferred version? The colour or B&W version and is there any difference footage wise?

1 hour ago, PandaPawPaw said:

I'm going to be finally watching this soon but can anyone tell me which version is the original/preferred version? The colour or B&W version and is there any difference footage wise?

I saw it in both color and B & W and my preferred viewing is the Minus color (B & W).

I think that the Minos color disc is exclusive to the TOHO store.....unless something change.

PandaPawPaw
1 hour ago, thekfc said:

I saw it in both color and B & W and my preferred viewing is the Minus color (B & W).

I think that the Minos color disc is exclusive to the TOHO store.....unless something change.

So it's just a colour difference and not footage wise?

Both versions are on NETFLIX (UK at least).

AlbertV

I had to show this...my son showed me this meme involving Shikishima screaming and I was laughing so hard!

Yihetuan
4 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

So it's just a colour difference and not footage wise?

Both versions are on NETFLIX (UK at least).

Yes, it's just the color of lack of. All the footage is the same

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
2 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Yes, it's just the color of lack of. All the footage is the same

Ah right thanks @Yihetuan. I'll probably just watch the colour version then. :thumbsup

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

I got round to finally watching it and it was OK. A lot of scenes especially near the beginning looked like sets and it felt a bit odd. I didn't really care for the story either and it felt a bit cliche at times. Also the main guy was a bit wet.

The CGI was hit and miss too but I won't hold it against them as they did amazing on the small budget they had.

I did love the blue spikes popping out of Zilla's spine and it was great seeing him as a brutal monster though the scene where he's chomping on people then flinging them across the screen was unintentionally funny! :P

The ending was shite.

Also I must be the only one who thinks Zilla is cute. Awwwwwww. :heart

what-would-happened-if-legendary-godzill

:D

Edited by PandaPawPaw