Dragon Missile

Guest CLFNole

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jmungus

its kind of a no-brainer version of a shaw flick and i thought its really good fun.

i liked most of the fights, the 1976 flavor, the dragon missile (makes for a cool weapon leaving ppl awestruck or just plain headless, although its use could have been staged even better, but maybe they did all they could using the best technical resources/know-how available to them at the time).

u cant go wrong with this one if u re looking for a good, action-packed SB time with a nice cast. just dont expect this to be a classic and nevermind its many little flaws and the lack of quality writing.

Guest Steve Barr

I liked the story a bit better than the title weapons, or any of the special weapons in the film, for that matter. Either way, the film keeps one entertained.

Guest Live Wire

As this one is from one of my favourite shaw directors I was disappointed. For 1976 the fights are too short and too slow. Only the beheading scenes with the boomerangs are kind of fun. And what makes things worse, allthough the story in itself ist good, the pacing was much too slow. I was bored more than once. I would not consider this as a must have. It is definitely not in the same league as other Ho Meng Hua movies such as Jade Raksha, Lady Hermit, Long Chase, Ambush, Golden Lion, Vengeful Beauty or Swift Sword.

Guest rindge

Why didn't anyone warn me about this film. It took a couple of viewings to finish. I like Lo Lieh, but I don't like this movie. Some of the FX were interesting for the time period. Blades from her fingers- I thought I was watching the X-men. Not a good film. Save your money if you are considering.

Guest Austin Jones

I just watched this last night, and the hand-to-hand fighting is atrocious! It looked like Lo Lieh was having a slap-fight with everyone. The Dragon Missile, though? That was freakin' awesome. The ease with which some of the people dodged it kinda made the ones who didn't seem really dumb. When some were dodging it, it looked like they were trying to escape from a pesky hornet or bird!:lol

One thing about spike-finger lady - why only on one hand? I guess the budget only included finger spikes for one.:P

Overall, not a very good movie; worth watching for the title weapon and the mayhem it causes.

Austin Jones

Guest Ko Fei

Ya I have to admit this movie was perhaps a 5/10. It had a very simple short story that was very slow at times but being the Lo Lieh fan I am I do enjoy watching it! After all it was Lo Lieh's characters that made me aware of the shaws. Your the best Lo.

Guest silver hermit

for a 1976 film it was waaaay ahead of its time. how could anyone not like this one? your free to do so though ....;)

Guest iron flag

I liked it too...Cant go wrong with a cool weapon and severed heads! Plus I found Lo Leih especially sinister in this one.

Guest Kung Fu Zombie

I liked it. I'm always a sucker for decapitation. I've already forgotten what the fighting is like but I do remember enough beheadings to keep me happy. A good companion piece to the Flying Guillotine movies.

Guest sikmao

i thought this flick was cool, initially, until it got to the end! what a 'hokey' ending!!! @ the very least, Lo Lieh shoulda had his OWN HEAD cut off!!! that would've been a lot more satisfying for me!! especially after killing that "sweet" old blind woman!!!:lol

Guest fabhui
@ the very least, Lo Lieh shoulda had his OWN HEAD cut off!!! that would've been a lot more satisfying for me!! especially after killing that "sweet" old blind woman!!!

I'm glad I've already seen this one!!

I monitored this yesterday and enjoyed lot. Great movie! Good cast and it was bit surprise to see Lo Lieh as villain, (outside LKL movies+human lanterns) I have gotten used to see him as hero.

Decent storyline and good action, extremely recommendable.

One thing tho, hero was seen as lightfoot expert who can jump great heights easily but in the end of movie when dragon missile was escaping he was not able to chase him at river where would have been rocks to jump at:angel::ooh::tongue:

RogueWarrior
really enjoyed this one. the original english dub really spiced this one up.:angel::wink:

Yea, great find that English Dub for Dragon Missile. And to have it on a Custom DVD to boot!

Archived