The Killer's Game (Bautista, Adkins, Zaror) - 2024

SamSeed

PandaPawPaw
On 9/10/2024 at 9:58 PM, laagi said:

Am I the only one who thinks he looks terrible? I mean he looks unhealthy, down-right sickly!? Oh well that's Hollywood for you baby.

:)

• Like 1

Bautista looks much better now, like a regular person. But something about his all attire and look gives me 'fashion designer' vibe. Maybe that's the idea?

In the movie he's way too big and heavy for me to believe that many assassins would miss him. Not to mention the face, the lips...

Anyway, Scott Adkins pulls off a Guyver kick in the movie.

And Bautista looks awfully stiff and slow in this fight, like he's learning choreography rather than performing it.

Btw, Daniel Bernardht does not fight at all 😐

36% on RT and 43% on Metacritic so far. No BO data yet, but don't expect much.

5 minutes ago, Agent U said:

36% on RT and 43% on Metacritic so far. No BO data yet, but don't expect much.

Lionsgate really killing it this year :laugh Even the new Francis Ford Coppola flick got mediocre reviews thus far. How long until they put up a "for sale" sign?

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
8 hours ago, laagi said:

Lionsgate really killing it this year :laugh Even the new Francis Ford Coppola flick got mediocre reviews thus far. How long until they put up a "for sale" sign?

You mean the one with fake quotes?

:coveredlaugh

• Haha 1

The movie made just over 1M on opening night:

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl1584037889/

What a year for Lionsgate...

(Btw, someone ought to remove Dacascos from the title in this post. The poor man is not in the movie, and this isn't exactly something one would really love to be associated with unless they must).

Edited by Agent U
  • Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
2 hours ago, laagi said:

I got confused for a sec and thought 'why is Adkins reviewing his own movie?'. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I actually liked the direction with all the gimmicky editing, split screens, etc. I thought  JJ Perry did a good job.

Liked the soundtrack. Really liked the cast, Ben Kingsley's and Bautista's dialogues always cracked me up; it was nice to see all those actors in one movie. I mean, I liked almost everything about the movie, but the action. It had its moments, but overall, left me underwhelmed. The action design and choreo could've and should've been  much better for that kind of a movie. I thought it lacked originality and impact...Scott Adkins pulled off some decent moves, Zaror to a lesser degree.

I thought the movie worked better as a comedy

Edited by D1 Ma

One Armed Boxer
On 9/15/2024 at 8:27 AM, Agent U said:

(Btw, someone ought to remove Dacascos from the title in this post. The poor man is not in the movie, and this isn't exactly something one would really love to be associated with unless they must).

Done!

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Done!

Me realizing @One Armed Boxer didn't post another mid-review for a movie I thought I might half-enjoy...

Heart Attack Close Call GIF by reactionseditor

Edited by laagi
  • Haha 1

On 10/5/2024 at 1:23 PM, D1 Ma said:

I liked almost everything about the movie, but the action. It had its moments, but overall, left me underwhelmed. The action design and choreo could've and should've been  much better for that kind of a movie. I thought it lacked originality and impact...

Still say Dave Bautista was the anchor pulling the action down. Way too stiff, slow and awkward in every fight scene.

Anyway, with a reported budget much smaller than Megaflopolis, Borderlands and even The Crow, and a better BO performance than Boy Kills World, this may be the least of Lionsgate's failures this year (still a huge bomb regardless).

Is The Killer's Game good? No. Is it entertaining? Yes indeed. In no world should this get any kind of recognition as far as great action films go, but it's a watchable slice of fun that we'll all forget about in three months.

There's some good action here. Great action at times. But it takes a while to get there and a lot of it feels very cookie cutter, despite the great stunt work. Also,is it me or is the casting in this film pretty shitty? Bautista shouldn't be the lead. He brings no charisma. Sofia Boutella's great but actors like Pom Klementieff, Scott Adkins, and Marko Zaror are underused. Then we have characters like Ben Kingsley's and Terry Crews' that are just flat out bad.

Finally, Shaina West is very pleasurable to look at but christ, that girl can't act for shit.