Past Lives (A24)

OpiumKungFuCracker

OpiumKungFuCracker

A24 has done it again - they have released another emotional masterpiece. This is, without a doubt, the best movie I've seen this year.   With some of the best writing and direction I've ever seen, this movie was moving, powerful, bittersweet, and painful.

Fywo5ELXsBYyRFv?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer
6 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

This is, without a doubt, the best movie I've seen this year.

Damn, this was shown at the Sydney Film Festival which wrapped last weekend, and I willingly chose to skip it! OKFC if only you posted earlier!

• Like 2

Teo Yoo is a really good actor. I interviewed him a few years ago when he co-starred in a Russian biopic about a musician, Viktor Tsoi, who helped start the rock revolution in 1980s pre-Glasnost Russia in Summer. Will have to check this film out. 

• Like 3

ShaOW!linDude

Wait...is this a serious post from @OpiumKungFuCracker about a dramatic film? No snide, snarky, sarcastic comments? Oh, come on! Was there some weird solar flare that threw a momentary hiccup across the earth that I missed? Something has obviously affected his personality. What have you done with the real OKFC!?!?! Name your ransom price. I'll start a Go-Fund-Me.

• Haha 3

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
On 6/26/2023 at 10:51 AM, ShaOW!linDude said:

Wait...is this a serious post from @OpiumKungFuCracker about a dramatic film? No snide, snarky, sarcastic comments? Oh, come on! Was there some weird solar flare that threw a momentary hiccup across the earth that I missed? Something has obviously affected his personality. What have you done with the real OKFC!?!?! Name your ransom price. I'll start a Go-Fund-Me.

:xd:

@ShaOW!linDude, our resident joker has allowed his deep, thoughtful center to make brief appearances here and there in the past (I've seen it), but you have to pay close attention so as not to miss these fleeting moments. They're like a Sasquatch near a photographer. :wink:  But I do think your solar flare theory was solid too.

@OpiumKungFuCracker one of my favorite things about you is that you seem to find something to enjoy in almost everything you watch. Your Letterboxd ratings reflect your joy watching movies, as opposed to the more popular ultra-critical, pessimistic, everybody thinks they're a(n unpaid) professional reviewer thing that is so popular with younger people these days.

6 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

If I didn’t know any better I’d say @ShaOW!linDude is looking to start a Beef with our resident A24 advocate! :tongueout

Keep that beef away from a microwave!!! :tongue:

As for the film, my son raved to me about how good it is and said that it affected him so deeply that when he read a Rolling Stone article about it a few days afterward it got him all over again.

• Haha 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

A24 is one of those companies where its logo sets and meets expectations, a la Shaw Brothers, Golden Harvest, IFD Films, City on Fire, Vivid Entertainment and Brazzers. 

Totally OT, but it is in a A24 joint, and it looks amazing:

@KUNG FU BOB I know you're a fan (of Elvis, not Brazzers), what are your thoughts?

Edited by mpm74
  • Like 2

On 6/19/2023 at 10:43 PM, One Armed Boxer said:

Damn, this was shown at the Sydney Film Festival which wrapped last weekend, and I willingly chose to skip it! OKFC if only you posted earlier!

City of Glass-ploitation! 

• Like 1