Apparently Don " The Dragon" Wilson will be fighting Tong Po in an exhibition match

CaldoTheKid

legendarycurry

OK then, this wasn't on the yearly bingo card that's for sure. It will no doubt trigger a few memberberries for folks.

• Like 2

I think Don takes him. I know Qissi's got to be close to 10 years younger and 30 pounds heavier & still looks in semi-decent shape but Don is still in phenomenal shape too. Plus Don's bonafides are legit. I think Don will be wary of Qissi's power early and fight smart and eventually take advantage of a fatigued Qissi.

Speaking of Qissi, when I saw Kickboxer as a teen, I really thought he was Asian or half Asian but it wasn't until I saw him again in Bloodsport & realized it was the same actor that I knew he was of North African or Middle Eastern descent.

• Like 2

CaldoTheKid
1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

Speaking of Qissi, when I saw Kickboxer as a teen, I really thought he was Asian or half Asian but it wasn't until I saw him again in Bloodsport & realized it was the same actor that I knew he was of North African or Middle Eastern descent.

I actually thought Po was a real person as for some reason he's credited as himself.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CaldoTheKid said:

I actually thought Po was a real person as for some reason he's credited as himself.

He did look Asian in Kickboxer right?

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw

kickboxer-4-the-aggressor-1994-dvdr-nl-s

Tong 'Imma fake' Po faces the winner (Pictured at his nieces wedding).

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Haha 3

Pretty pathetic attempt to stay relevant IMHO. Another "action hero" in line with countless others who made several similar claims over the years?! As an example, I lost track how many fights JCVD had (NOT). And yes I'm aware Don was a professional fighter before.

• Like 5

legendarycurry
1 hour ago, laagi said:

Pretty pathetic attempt to stay relevant IMHO. Another "action hero" in line with countless others who made several similar claims over the years?! As an example, I lost track how many fights JCVD had (NOT). And yes I'm aware Don was a professional fighter before.

I hope this leads to Cody from Step By Step who was in Kickboxer 2 challenging the portly youth bully from No Retreat No Surrender  to kumite.

I'm sure it will raise their profile enough that the local sandwich shop will name a sub after them.

• Like 2

CaldoTheKid
38 minutes ago, legendarycurry said:

I hope this leads to Cody from Step By Step who was in Kickboxer 2 challenging the portly youth bully from No Retreat No Surrender  to kumite.

I'm sure it will raise their profile enough that the local sandwich shop will name a sub after them.

Unfortunately the actor who played the bully in No Retreat No Surrender has passed on.

• Sad 2

legendarycurry
1 minute ago, CaldoTheKid said:

Unfortunately the actor who played the bully in No Retreat No Surrender has passed on.

Unfortunate indeed, his role is one of the few things that aren't fight scenes that is memorable in that

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

kickboxer-4-the-aggressor-1994-dvdr-nl-s

Tong 'Imma fake' Po faces the winner (Pictured at his nieces wedding).

LOL Well, the Tong Po in Kickboxer 4 wasn't played by Mohammed Qissi, but was Kamel Krifa (who played Christopher Lambert's enforcer in Kickboxer: Retaliation

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CaldoTheKid said:

Cody could always go Round 3 against Dale Jacoby, who played Dean Ramsey in No Retreat, No Surrender. Jacoby was in 2 episodes of Step by Step. One as a bar thug and an arrogant karate coach in the second. 

• Like 2

legendarycurry
2 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Cody could always go Round 3 against Dale Jacoby, who played Dean Ramsey in No Retreat, No Surrender. Jacoby was in 2 episodes of Step by Step. One as a bar thug and an arrogant karate coach in the second. 

Step By Step is like the Law and Order of "That person from that American martial arts movie is in it" I guess.  I wonder if the cast of American Tigers walk by in the background of one episode.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

True and also Family Matters...I remember the bar episode had Roger Yuan, Thunderwolf. Family Matters' intro to "Bruce Urkel" had the late Dave Lea and James Lew to name a few and later had the late Jason David Frank along with Randall Ideishi. 

• Like 3

On 6/1/2023 at 4:04 PM, CaldoTheKid said:

According to his Facebook 

Screenshot 2023-06-02 00.02.23.png

Are they going to try to actually make money from this? Will it be Pay Per View? If so, who would actually invest in an event like this featuring two basically unknown over the hill former fighters (well, Don Wilson was a legit champion, anyway)? Would it have a big enough audience to be profitable?

If not, why don't these guys just meet somewhere (The Jet Center, someplace like that) & spar? If they want people to see it, obviously, anyone with a cell phone can film it & share it online. It does feel a bit like they're trying to drum up interest that I suspect really isn't there, at least not outside die hard B grade action movie fans!

• Like 2

On 6/3/2023 at 8:47 AM, Brucemee said:

Are they going to try to actually make money from this? Will it be Pay Per View? If so, who would actually invest in an event like this featuring two basically unknown over the hill former fighters (well, Don Wilson was a legit champion, anyway)? Would it have a big enough audience to be profitable?

If not, why don't these guys just meet somewhere (The Jet Center, someplace like that) & spar? If they want people to see it, obviously, anyone with a cell phone can film it & share it online. It does feel a bit like they're trying to drum up interest that I suspect really isn't there, at least not outside die hard B grade action movie fans!

Who can blame them though? Have you seen all the morons who dish out good money to see so called social media influencers fight in the ring? I'm sure these two "over the hill B-action movie actors" want a piece of that pie. They are just trying to drum up interest in getting some legit promotion to set it up. Can you imagine a PPV card of Richard Norton, Gary Daniels, Mark Houghton, Benny Urquidez, Michael Jai-white, etc all throwing down? I would rather watch that KSI or Jake Paul fighting some other YT boobs.

• Like 3

legendarycurry
On 6/3/2023 at 1:30 AM, AlbertV said:

True and also Family Matters...I remember the bar episode had Roger Yuan, Thunderwolf. Family Matters' intro to "Bruce Urkel" had the late Dave Lea and James Lew to name a few and later had the late Jason David Frank along with Randall Ideishi. 

How long until The Lee Foundation cease and desist Urkel I wonder.

• Like 2

On 6/2/2023 at 5:02 AM, laagi said:

100% agree - this is not the way to stay relevant for an aging former-fighter. Does he really need the money that bad? I just saw that Fedor is trying to have a boxing match with Mike Tyson. So embarrassing...

• Like 3