Should they revive Jaws series ?

Coliseum1972

Coliseum1972

make a Quint origin movie ?

make a Netflix mini series based in the 70s (they could use more of the book , at least that would be doing something new)

of course Shaw/Scheider are long gone now but voice alikes might be possible 

I don't know, there have been so many killer shark movies out since then...impossible to recreate the magic of the first one as well. 

• Like 1

No. It's had its day. And killer shark films have become so ubiquitous and over-the-top silly that there's little a traditional killer shark film could do to call the attention of a younger audience who's grown up on Sharknado.

• Like 1

Coliseum1972

id like to see more Jaws provided scripts were decent , 2 was okay , not same level as 1 but still okay

they could do animated movie

Drunken Monk

If a remake was green lit, they would need to put it in the hands of someone that knows suspense more than anything else. I think Mike Flanagan could handle a Jaws reboot, sequel or prequel.

With that said, they should really just leave it alone.

• Like 1

No, absolutely not.

Not every franchise needs a ten part Disney+ series and origins and spin offs.

Jaws is perfect. The sequels are not but I appreciate they have their place.

Just leave it be.

That said - the ONLY thing I would genuinely love to see is an adaptation of Ian Shaw's play The Shark Is Broken, about the making of Jaws. He captured his father so well on stage it was frightening.

Edited by SamSeed
  • Like 1

No, thanks. Just because special effects have improved since Jaws doesn't mean they would improve on the original. Would they even film at sea nowadays? No, there'd be CGI water, a CGI shark, lesser actors (probably younger & prettier, too), the best they could hope to achieve would be reminding us how great the original was. No, thanks!

• Like 1

I always thought they should have done a short on what happened on Ben Gardners boat.Maybe as an extra on a Blu or something.

The short answer is NO. Also I think there's more than enough new shark movies out there already. Heck there's even MEG 2 hitting theaters this year!

As a side note what's your favorite new shark movie?

Mine would definitely be 'The Shallows' and YES! I obviously didn't mind Blake Lively in a bikini throughout the movie as and added bonus :tongueout

• Like 1

Coliseum1972

As for me I would "forgive" Jaws III & 4 provided new movie was decent , but thats just me.......with Hwood going sequel crazy it doesnt matter one way or another if another Jaws was made , the original stands solid as a mountain despite the sequels not being as good as they couldve been

Edited by Coliseum1972

Coliseum1972

45 yrs ago now : Jaws 2 premiere & also passing Shaw.....2 is like F13 at sea , heh 

Ive the teaser movie poster , its nice

40 yrs : Jaws III , tho that prolly isnt much to celebrate ;)