Ron Marchini

CaldoTheKid

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEzY8fXqjTtSJl8A37KwAimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFvpFVzHgmWang7MLDb35

Born on March 4, 1945, Ron Marchini is trained in Renbukai Karate and was a champion during the 60s and 70s. He then made the transition into films, including Death Machines, the Jungle Wolf franchise, Omega Cop and its sequel Karate Cop and finally, Karate Raider

His first film, Murder in the Orient, co-starred the late Leo Fong
MV5BZDRkYWRhMDktOTFlNi00ZDIzLTgzOGYtMDk1

51ZDGDEJSRL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpgdragons-quest-final.jpg?w=481
MV5BNGI1MmY3ZjgtZjUwNS00ZGEzLTkzM2MtZTI4MV5BZTQ0MWZiNjctYzZiZS00OTJhLTk0YjEtNDNjMV5BNDllODAzMzgtZThlZS00ODhjLWI2ZTQtODUw
arctic-warriors-vhs-fake-1.jpg?w=479MV5BNmIwNWU0MjEtMTkyZS00MjdjLWI1NGUtZmRl5165M2jcrPL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpgMV5BYTA0MDU5MmItOGM2YS00ODM5LWJhZjUtMTRiMV5BMGM2ODRlZDgtNjYxNy00NWU0LTliOWMtYTZj

• Like 2

He had a dojo in my hometown of Stockton, CA. I know that both Omega Cop and Karate Cop, were filmed in either Stockton or Lodi. I ended up studying karate at his rival's: Tibon's Goju-Ryu.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AlbertV said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEzY8fXqjTtSJl8A37KwAimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFvpFVzHgmWang7MLDb35

Born on March 4, 1945, Ron Marchini is trained in Renbukai Karate and was a champion during the 60s and 70s. He then made the transition into films, including Death Machines, the Jungle Wolf franchise, Omega Cop and its sequel Karate Cop and finally, Karate Raider

His first film, Murder in the Orient, co-starred the late Leo Fong
MV5BZDRkYWRhMDktOTFlNi00ZDIzLTgzOGYtMDk1

51ZDGDEJSRL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpgdragons-quest-final.jpg?w=481
MV5BNGI1MmY3ZjgtZjUwNS00ZGEzLTkzM2MtZTI4MV5BZTQ0MWZiNjctYzZiZS00OTJhLTk0YjEtNDNjMV5BNDllODAzMzgtZThlZS00ODhjLWI2ZTQtODUw
arctic-warriors-vhs-fake-1.jpg?w=479MV5BNmIwNWU0MjEtMTkyZS00MjdjLWI1NGUtZmRl5165M2jcrPL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpgMV5BYTA0MDU5MmItOGM2YS00ODM5LWJhZjUtMTRiMV5BMGM2ODRlZDgtNjYxNy00NWU0LTliOWMtYTZj

I've watched a bit of one or two of these movies on Youtube, haven't managed to get all the way through any of them, they look very low budget, like they had neither adequate time nor money to make anything really good (they make Chuck Norris' movies look Oscar worthy!), but ... this poster art is pretty fun in a drive in movie kind of way, especially Murder In the Orient & Death Machines! I may have to give one of these movies a second chance!

Anyone know if his school is still open in Stockton? Maybe one of his students took over for Mr.Marchini? I have a couple of his books on Renbukai karate, live pretty close to Stockton, & wouldn't mind visiting his dojo if it's still there.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Brucemee said:

Anyone know if his school is still open in Stockton? Maybe one of his students took over for Mr.Marchini? I have a couple of his books on Renbukai karate, live pretty close to Stockton, & wouldn't mind visiting his dojo if it's still there.

So where do you live? Coming from a San Joaquin County native.

According to the Renbukai-Do Facebook page, there's a Sacramento branch that's still open, but the guy who runs it doesn't know what became of the Stockton branch following COVID.

Edited by DrNgor
  • Like 2

On 5/24/2023 at 7:39 PM, DrNgor said:

According to the Renbukai-Do Facebook page, there's a Sacramento branch that's still open, but the guy who runs it doesn't know what became of the Stockton branch following COVID.

I did some research and found the Stockton is Tibon's Goju-Ryu Karate. Is this the same place as his Stockton dojo?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

I did some research and found the Stockton is Tibon's Goju-Ryu Karate. Is this the same place as his Stockton dojo?

Tibon's is where I studied for 2 years, located near the cross-town freeway in Downtown Stockton. Marchini's Renbukai was located in Lincoln Center in north Stockton. They were essentially rivals.

• Like 3