Mortal Kombat 2 (2024)

Drunken Monk

18 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

It was officially announced today that a sequel has been greenlit. Moon Knight scribe, Jeremy Slater, will be writing.

Now the burning question is...Who will play Johnny Cage? 

• Like 1

I remember watching the first film and not liking it much.

Wasn't Lewis Tan's character Johnny Cage but under a different name? I'm probably mixing something up, or just remember it wrong.

Anyway, Karl Urban looks about as off as Johnny Cage as Danny DeVito would.

Does he know martial arts at least?

If not, more fights shot at weird angles and lots of editing to hide it's a stuntsman incoming then.

• Like 1

They may get away with. I remember him doing decent fight scenes in Doom and Priest. Perhaps Red too. I don't remember so much about the fight scenes

Edited by LoBo

legendarycurry

If this is 10 times better than the 2021 one it will still be the worst movie of the year it comes out.

• Haha 1

Desmond Chiam will play King Jerrod
Ana Thu Nguyen will play Sindel
Damon Herriman will play Quan Chi. Herriman played the voice of Kabal (Daniel Nelson was the suit actor) in the 2021 reboot. 

• Like 1

Baraka is also going to be in the film, but it is unclear if they are going with the Mo-cap route or do an actor with full make-up. Former kickboxing champion turned stuntman Dennis Keiffer played Baraka in Mortal Kombat: Annihilation. 

• Like 1

The strike has halted the shooting.

Interestingly, I've recently come across someone who argued there is no problem Karl Urban is not a pretty boy like Johnny Cage, because that's what make-up and special effects are for, and they could even deage him digitally if need be, nor that he's not a martial artist, can't fight or do the splits, because they've got stuntsmen and CGI can take care of all that now anyway...

And then people act shocked when greedy execs want to simply take actors' likeness and let AI do everything...

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw
On 7/24/2023 at 10:09 PM, Agent U said:

If 1995 Mortal Kombat is not the best videogame movie adaptation ever, it is at least the best one I've seen.

Plus the theme is a banger.

Though I think Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist is the best video game adaptation.

:pandakungfu

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Though I think Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist is the best video game adaptation.

Well, I haven't seen that one, so we can both be right 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1