The Game of Clones: Bruceploitation Collection Vol. 1 (Severin)

OpiumKungFuCracker

I havent read the specs yet but could this be home video release of the year? Back2Back wins for Bruce Lee media?

• Buddha Bless You 1

Killer Meteor
3 minutes ago, Kevin Chan said:

Game or Death should be on there, lol

It's on the Criterion AND Arrow Bruce Lee sets.

• Love 1

saltysam

I do have a feeling some these will be the same prints as those that have had a german release, with maybe some additional clean up. The Pearl River Dynamo that MW released used the same print as the old zineploitation bootleg. Interested to see if Clones Of Bruce Lee uses the zineploitation print, hopefully not,that had some anamorphic issues.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

sifu iron perm
31 minutes ago, Kevin Chan said:

Game or Death should be on there, lol

Technically you tight..especially Tower of death

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Kevin Chan
1 hour ago, Killer Meteor said:

It's on the Criterion AND Arrow Bruce Lee sets.

I know, it was a joke :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Yihetuan
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, saltysam said:

I do have a feeling some these will be the same prints as those that have had a german release, with maybe some additional clean up. The Pearl River Dynamo that MW released used the same print as the old zineploitation bootleg. Interested to see if Clones Of Bruce Lee uses the zineploitation print, hopefully not,that had some anamorphic issues.

You can see all the trailers from Severin's playlist on YT and gauge the quality of the prints. And if you want the bundle better act quickly as they are 80% sold out after the first day.

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 19-03-53 (1) Hong Kong Cinema Appreciation Society II Facebook.png

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 3

starschwar

I hope these get solo releases down the line.  I'd pick up Big Boss Part II in a heartbeat, and probably Dragon Lives Again to see the madness in HD.  But it looks like Big Boss is the only one on there to not be dub only?  I wonder why.  Is the state of audio preservation that bad?  Were there never any home media releases of these films in their original languages?  Even a compressed VCD or degraded VHS of a Cantonese/Mandarin track would be better than nothing at all. 

• Like 1

I'm curious about the state of the original audio tracks for those films too.

• Like 2

Killer Meteor

There are definetly Mandarin tracks out there for DRAGON LIVES AGAIN and DRAGON, THE HERO.

CAMEROON CONNECTION is French, which makes sense as it's from a French speaking country.

BIG BOSS 2 - Severin says theirs is Cantonese, which is interesting as the clips I've seen online come from Mandarin and English prints. I assume the latter is the one @globe was boasting about owning on this forum years ago.

• Like 1

ChillyChong

Placed an order last night. If eventual standard release drops book would have been no issue but can`t miss Big Boss pt 2.

Never seen Enter the game of death, trailer looks dope:speechless:clappinghands

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

kuenfist
Posted (edited)

The shipping is expensive to germany ... but Big Boss Part 2 and Dragon lives again in widescreen. Best fu release of the year. Must have although i have all the german Bruceploitation Blu's in my shelf. What a year for movie collectors : Abashiri Prison, Death Carries a Cane, Fist of Legend 4K, Magdalena Possesed by the Devil in 4K !!!, Karatebear Fighter.... the list is endless and only 3 mounth are gone....

Edited by kuenfist
  • Like 4

Yihetuan
2 hours ago, kuenfist said:

The shipping is expensive to germany ... but Big Boss Part 2 and Dragon lives again in widescreen. Best fu release of the year. Must have although i have all the german Bruceploitation Blu's in my shelf. What a year for movie collectors : Abashiri Prison, Death Carries a Cane, Fist of Legend 4K, Magdalena Possesed by the Devil, Karatebear Fighter.... the list is endless and only 3 mounth are gone....

Wallet and shelf space gets smaller but my happiness index goes way up.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Doctor Schimmel Schnabel from Switzerland
On 3/29/2024 at 5:59 PM, Killer Meteor said:

There are definetly Mandarin tracks out there for DRAGON LIVES AGAIN and DRAGON, THE HERO.

CAMEROON CONNECTION is French, which makes sense as it's from a French speaking country.

BIG BOSS 2 - Severin says theirs is Cantonese, which is interesting as the clips I've seen online come from Mandarin and English prints. I assume the latter is the one @globe was boasting about owning on this forum years ago.

GOODBYE, BRUCE LEE: HIS LAST GAME OF DEATH = the HK DVD has Mandarin Audio

THE DRAGON LIVES AGAIN = the UK DVD has Mandarin Audio

THE DRAGON LIVES = German DVD has Mandarin/Cantonese Audio, HK VHS has Cantonese Audio, China VHS has Mandarin Audio

THE DRAGON, THE HERO = US-DVD has Mandarin Audio 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

OpiumKungFuCracker

I’m so ready for this!! Still haven’t read the specs yet. IMG_2636.jpeg.563c027bb178d0f8b136e4b8bb8cc5f1.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

OpiumKungFuCracker
3 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Wallet and shelf space gets smaller but my happiness index goes way up.

I have enough home video media to build a house out of. I might do that next lmao

• Haha 2

ShawAngela
7 hours ago, kuenfist said:

The shipping is expensive to germany

30$ to France!

BigDruDogg

Unfortunately, I think Severin charges up front for pre-orders.. So I'm going to have to wait until it's released before I grab it.. This just kind of came out of nowhere, and I don't have $150 to throw at a pre-order ATM...

• Love 1

OpiumKungFuCracker
1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

30$ to France!

I’m so sorry. Insanity shipping prices 

Yihetuan

I'm still vacillating between the bundle & the box set. I'm secretly hoping the bundle will sell out soon to make my decision easier hehe.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Super Ninja

Got 200€ Easter bonus so I covered my expenses for the bundle. That means I get to buy more stuff this month after all... 

Dragon Ball Drooling GIF

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

PandaPawPaw

Is BB2 one of the films that was thought lost or am I thinking of something else?

kuenfist
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Is BB2 one of the films that was thought lost or am I thinking of something else?

Is the holygrail of Bruceploitation movies and the one the fans all over the world are waiting to see in a complete version. Here is the first half from a old VHS rip: 

Edited by kuenfist
  • Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1