The Game of Clones: Bruceploitation Collection Vol. 1 (Severin)

CoffeeScotchWizard

I often wonder while they tried to look like him, not one of them ever tried to fight like him on film. It's not like some of them lacked the talent. I'm assuming the director/producers just didn't give a crap, and just wanted to quickly release another Bruce Lee clone film, make couple thousand bucks, and move on to another one.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm
23 hours ago, CoffeeScotchWizard said:

I often wonder while they tried to look like him, not one of them ever tried to fight like him on film. It's not like some of them lacked the talent. I'm assuming the director/producers just didn't give a crap, and just wanted to quickly release another Bruce Lee clone film, make couple thousand bucks, and move on to another one.

Catch it while it still Hot.

ironfistedmonk

I'm working my way through this boxset and next up is Cameroon Connection, now I'm hearing that this is quite possibly the worst film ever made, can anyone say anything positive about this one...please!

• Haha 1

sifu iron perm
17 minutes ago, ironfistedmonk said:

I'm working my way through this boxset and next up is Cameroon Connection, now I'm hearing that this is quite possibly the worst film ever made, can anyone say anything positive about this one...please!

It was filmed in Cameroon with real locals, it's authentic and has some mad scenes where some of the Extras are looking deep into the camera lens - strange and different.  

• Like 1

venom10463
2 hours ago, ironfistedmonk said:

My favorite scene is when Bruce Le is disposing of the lady's body and the camera zooms out, revealing pedestrians observing them. lol

Many of the movies in this box set are awful. The only ones I can tolerate are featuring Bruce Li. Hopefully, the second volume will have better films, such as Soul Brothers of Kung Fu, Blind Fist of Bruce, Iron Dragon Strikes Back, Exit the Tiger, Enter the Dragon.

• Like 2

Super Ninja

So next year probably. That should leave plenty of time to refill the wallet after SB vol. 3.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

PandaPawPaw
On 7/22/2024 at 5:25 PM, ironfistedmonk said:

I tried watching it but managed about five mins before I decided to do something more fun like hoovering...........................

ironfistedmonk
18 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

I tried watching it but managed about five mins before I decided to do something more fun like hoovering...........................

I managed a bit longer before giving up on this one, tried it with the commentary on as well, the guy was just basically narrating what was happening on screen, don't think he knew anything about this film and wondered what he was doing there!

• Haha 1

saltysam

Cameroon Connection was boring as hell but the others I always find something to enjoy.those early Bruce Li biopics where his hair changes scene to scene is genius 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

PandaPawPaw
5 hours ago, ironfistedmonk said:

I managed a bit longer before giving up on this one, tried it with the commentary on as well, the guy was just basically narrating what was happening on screen, don't think he knew anything about this film and wondered what he was doing there!

So basically it was an English dub? :P

• Haha 1

Good commentary QC there. Narrating the film is called doing a Stefan Hammond, in the commentary-biz ;)

Because his commentaries mostly centered around telling us what was happening in the film. 

• Like 1

Coliseum1972
On 7/3/2024 at 4:52 PM, PandaPawPaw said:

Also the Cobra Kai pop up for a bit too!

1.jpg.5e8287f96dfb4fdd7df25871533d82e4.jpg

I managed 10 mins till I had to turn it off! Lawd knows when I'll finish it.

same outfit as Kriminal....italian comic book villain

• Like 2

MysteryOfCheckersBoxing
On 8/14/2024 at 3:39 AM, ironfistedmonk said:

God those are awful. I think the gold standard for commentary tracks are when people who actually worked on the movie are there to reminisce. Extra points when they're having fun in a class reunion sort of way, or clearly inebriated lol. See the commentary track for John Carpenter's movies with John himself and Kurt Russell, absolute gold.

If the people doing the commentary haven't worked on the movie the commentary track either becomes trivia spouting, riffing or narrating what's on screen, and the first one is only good if you have someone really knowledgeable about what he's talking about. So most of the time the commentary is either pointless or making fun of the movie.

As for Cameroun Connection being a decent watch or not, I think that movie is only enjoyable if you know the backstory (provided by the documentary and the extras) because as terrible as it is, some madman wishing he was in the film industry but born in the wrong continent pulled all the strings he had to make a real movie and a movie star out of himself, and it's no wonder he became so well known to his compatriots after that. It's even more amazing that he paid to star in a Godfrey Ho ninja movie to keep his acting star career going!

It is a quite poorly directed movie otherwise with some choice Ed Wood style mistakes in some scenes. And let's be real, it was in the boxset probably only because the french guys from nanarland had already done a digital transfer of the movie before and a bluray for it with extras, so it was easy filler.

Edited by MysteryOfCheckersBoxing

MysteryOfCheckersBoxing

By the way has anyone done a custom bd case cover for The Big Boss Part II? I get angry everytime I remember the little paper envelope this came in on the boxset. WTF?

Edited by MysteryOfCheckersBoxing

Dragon Lee with his copy. Man, look at those knuckles! They've seen some abuse. Looks like he also has a copy of Kung Fu Trailers of Fury on his coffee table too along with that Bruceploitation poster book that us backers should've received by now. :hvb_raging:

457691745_10164202954702925_1510838502413995796_n.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 7
  • Buddha Bless You 1

8 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Dragon Lee with his copy. Man, look at those knuckles! They've seen some abuse. Looks like he also has a copy of Kung Fu Trailers of Fury on his coffee table too along with that Bruceploitation poster book that us backers should've received by now. :hvb_raging:

457691745_10164202954702925_1510838502413995796_n.jpg

He looks in awesome shape!

• Like 2