The Game of Clones: Bruceploitation Collection Vol. 1 (Severin)

Posted (edited)
On 6/25/2024 at 8:55 PM, Yihetuan said:

So did 52 other backers including myself :sad

As I've said before, I was not aware of the crowdfunding campaign, nor of Michael as a person before he started to appear on supplemental features (I generally don't have time for most extras, I mostly stick to interviews, booklets etc for my research so I haven't heard his audio commentaries except for one on the Joseph Kuo boxset, how extensive his research is etc).

It seems he has communicated the ups and downs of the campaign, but has the line of communication to backers been cut completely by now and it's literally irresponsible handing at this point by Michael Worth (if he is the one person handling the entire campaign that is) ?

Edited by Knetan

saltysam

I admire MW greatly,without him and his persistence this box set would never have seen the light of day however with regards to the poster book, he's dropped the ball I mean it was a bit of an insult that a version of the book was available with the box set LE while the backers still wait with rare updates if any .

• Confused 1

I understand, and I'm a proud owner of the Bruceploitation box set and am looking to learn more for my personal benefit, to be put into my research archive.

I gathered indeed the standard edition of the same book was made available. Hope you all get it sorted or a refund from the campaign. The last few years has seen delays all across the board in the world, but the key is communication, communication, communication for me personally, if I was a backer.

Yihetuan
6 hours ago, saltysam said:

I admire MW greatly,without him and his persistence this box set would never have seen the light of day however with regards to the poster book, he's dropped the ball I mean it was a bit of an insult that a version of the book was available with the box set LE while the backers still wait with rare updates if any .

I even bought the softcover book from Severin because despite all the assurances & latest updates I had a nagging feeling that crowd sourced book will never see the light of day. Now I'm sure you're asking "why the f*ck would you reward him when he stiffed you in the first place?" 🤦‍♂️ but like @saltysam mentioned without MW none of this would've been possible (the documentary, box set, etc) or maybe it's just Stockholm Syndrome by now. 🤣

• Sad 1

These things can fall apart for a variety of reasons but it's ever so dangerous to walk away from the campaign and not have a line of communication ongoing. Not saying he has but you guys sound defeated at this stage.

PandaPawPaw
21 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I even bought the softcover book from Severin because despite all the assurances & latest updates I had a nagging feeling that crowd sourced book will never see the light of day. Now I'm sure you're asking "why the f*ck would you reward him when he stiffed you in the first place?" 🤦‍♂️ but like @saltysam mentioned without MW none of this would've been possible (the documentary, box set, etc) or maybe it's just Stockholm Syndrome by now. 🤣

43354d49-0b0c-4b4c-9e56-db3e22071a5c_tex

Get away from Michael Worth! He's done nothing but bad too you all! You do not love him!

• Haha 1

Yihetuan
Posted (edited)
On 6/27/2024 at 8:18 AM, Knetan said:

These things can fall apart for a variety of reasons but it's ever so dangerous to walk away from the campaign and not have a line of communication ongoing. Not saying he has but you guys sound defeated at this stage.

nah, it's just a running joke on here now. We fully expect him to fulfill his obligations soon. Just like I'm going to marry Ana de Armas very soon too. You're all invited to the wedding!

3 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

43354d49-0b0c-4b4c-9e56-db3e22071a5c_tex

Get away from Michael Worth! He's done nothing but bad too you all! You do not love him!

*ahem* getting back OT, MW also mentioned that in Vol 2 he'll do some 'ode to Ho Chung-tao' and how he influenced MW's life. So probably a very personal video essay type thing.

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Haha 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Niklaus Vogel
Posted (edited)
On 6/27/2024 at 8:18 AM, Knetan said:

On his latest interview with Fanatical Dragon on his Youtube channel, Michael Worth actually showed a copy of the hardback/crowdfunded book with the Andy Warhol-like cover.  He said it has to be reprinted due to technical issues and the book should be ready some time in July.

Edited by Niklaus Vogel
  • Like 2

sifu iron perm
4 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

nah, it's just a running joke on here now. We fully expect him to fulfill his obligations soon. Just like I'm going to marry Ana de Armas very soon too. You're all invited to the wedding!

*ahem* getting back OT, MW also mentioned that in Vol 2 he'll do some 'ode to Ho Chung-tao' and how he influenced MW's life. So probably a very personal video essay type thing.

I'll save my Greatest Best Man one-liners!! 

• Buddha Bless You 1

ChillyChong
Posted (edited)

Who is Ana De Armas?will do googlesearch when at pc.

I would like true game of death too for vol2.fun movie and it even has animal style kung fu at river fight

Edited by ChillyChong

PandaPawPaw

Is there a particular reason only Eng dubs are available for most of the movies?

Killer Meteor
1 hour ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Is there a particular reason only Eng dubs are available for most of the movies?

They only seem to have used the language on the prints.

I know there is a Mandarin print with subs out there for DRAGON THE HERO - maybe that will be on a later set?

• Like 2

OpiumKungFuCracker
Posted (edited)

The dragon lives again sucked!! I hate spoofy comedy in my fake Bruce Lee movies!! Why is he fighting Dracula and zatoichi for Christ sakes!!!  So stupid, I hate it

Edited by OpiumKungFuCracker
  • Haha 3

Niklaus Vogel
On 7/1/2024 at 5:39 AM, PandaPawPaw said:

Michael Worth talked about this in his interview with Fanatical Dragon.  It's a combination of availability, the quality of the other dubs, and copyright issues.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
13 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

The dragon lives again sucked!! I hate spoofy comedy in my fake Bruce Lee movies!! Why is he fighting Dracula and zatoichi for Christ sakes!!!  So stupid, I hate it

This one's a tough one and I'm sure it's the worst in the set (I haven't watched them all yet. Will have that done by the end of the week).
I can often forgive silly kung fu comedies but this one pushes it a little too far ibn my eyes. I love the concept and hate the execution.

• Love 1

PandaPawPaw
15 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Also the Cobra Kai pop up for a bit too!

1.jpg.5e8287f96dfb4fdd7df25871533d82e4.jpg

I managed 10 mins till I had to turn it off! Lawd knows when I'll finish it.

• Haha 2

Drunken Monk

I'm whizzing through the set this week but skipped Cameroon Connection. Only because I know it's a pseudo-Bruceploitation film that barely features Bruce Le. I'll probably leave it as the last one I sit through.

Yihetuan
1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

I'm whizzing through the set this week but skipped Cameroon Connection. Only because I know it's a pseudo-Bruceploitation film that barely features Bruce Le. I'll probably leave it as the last one I sit through.

Bruce Le is pivotal character in this film & he's actually featured quite prominently.

Drunken Monk
10 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Bruce Le is pivotal character in this film & he's actually featured quite prominently.

Well, that's good to know. Thanks!

sifu iron perm
17 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

because its fucking retarded! No other reason to add. 

• Haha 2

Frank Bolte

whats up with the 3 lama avengers, I didnt see that one mentioned here (ok,not on the last few pages)..that one def need a proper release at some point...

Yihetuan
42 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Well, that's good to know. Thanks!

Prominently is the wrong word but he's featured more than just a brief cameo but you'll be sitting through a lot of nonsense to get to his scenes.

Yihetuan
2 minutes ago, Frank Bolte said:

whats up with the 3 lama avengers, I didnt see that one mentioned here (ok,not on the last few pages)..that one def need a proper release at some point...

It's definitely one of the better ones. I've seen it mentioned on the Severin page as one of the more requested ones for Vol 2 along with The Man, The Myth

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw
Posted (edited)

I watched another 20mins of Dragon Lives Again and I still have no idea WTF is going on! Though I did errrrr perk up when the ladies and their meat buns were on show but then wham! Popeye shows up! Da fuck is this nonsense!

2.jpg.1b937c7dca3272b03785f5b31e99e292.jpg

Also I want to slap Bruce Liang! He's getting on my fucking nerves!

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Haha 2