The Game of Clones: Bruceploitation Collection Vol. 1 (Severin)

saltysam

Just watching Clones Of Bruce Lee,think it's the zineploitation print

Yihetuan

I heard FilmArt is coming out with their own Brucesploitation set in Germany. Wonder if they're able to get original audio?

• Like 1

saltysam
1 minute ago, Yihetuan said:

I heard FilmArt is coming out with their own Brucesploitation set in Germany. Wonder if they're able to get original audio?

Same or different movies? possibly a repackaging of those already released in Germany, there's been a few?

1 hour ago, spannick said:

https://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=288650

it's not. see screen caps comparisons and it's also detailed specifically that it's a completely different version.

On each page of the set Severin has written where the prints have originated from, what prints have been combined and so forth. Gives you a basic idea.

• Like 2

Yihetuan
1 hour ago, saltysam said:

Same or different movies? possibly a repackaging of those already released in Germany, there's been a few?

No full details yet but just what I was relayed from a source.

saltysam

So i've raced through this set, just need to watch the documentary. An overall excellent release, one or two minor annoyances but roll on Volume Two,though i don't expect that this year.

The Good- At last a widescreen version of Dragon Lives Again, Big Boss 2,a widescreen Black Dragon/Yellow Tiger, a nice looking Dragon Lives and nice looking Dragon The Hero and Enter Three Dragons.

The Not so Good- Goodbye Bruce Lee missing out the Ali fight, plus some annoying print flashes on this and Challenge Of The Tiger.Cameroon Connection felt out of place in this set, it was also not very good imo.

Overall a huge winner, nice book as well.

• Like 3

Drunksnake

Brilliant that we have such great looking copies of Bruceploitation now. The documentary and extras are great. Just finished Enter Three Dragons and now about to start Enter The Game Of Death. Good work Severin and co.20240616_051008.thumb.jpg.dfb3c0ad79a4e87d14e1c7c0fced6934.jpg20240616_050850.thumb.jpg.5e803f755b358785dc722b9df2b9805f.jpg

• Like 3

saltysam
Posted (edited)

Watching the doc, there were a couple of nice looking wide-screen clips from Bruce King Of Kung Fu, hopefully they have that one for the next volume.only copies I've had or seen of this have looked like crap.

Edited by saltysam
  • Like 3

Josh Baker
10 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

Brilliant that we have such great looking copies of Bruceploitation now. The documentary and extras are great. Just finished Enter Three Dragons and now about to start Enter The Game Of Death. Good work Severin and co.20240616_051008.thumb.jpg.dfb3c0ad79a4e87d14e1c7c0fced6934.jpg20240616_050850.thumb.jpg.5e803f755b358785dc722b9df2b9805f.jpg

Judging by that pic, to me Dragon Lee was the Bruce impersonator who looked the most like him facially. If he didn't have the bulky, bodybuilder physique he would be a pretty decent doppelganger. 

BillyLo

I purchased the standard version because I wasn’t able to afford the bundle when it was first announced (sad to have missed out on some of those goodies!)

I really like the presentation of the set. So far I’ve watched Superdragon (which I found okay despite being more of a melodrama than a kung fu film), The Dragon Lives AKA the Bruce Lee Story (quite possibly one of the worst I’ve ever watched) and Black Dragon vs Yellow Tiger, which was very enjoyable.

It’s disappointing to hear that Goodbye Bruce Lee has been cut. I guess that’s a good reason to keep hold of my Arrow DVD. I also think that the set is overpriced considering they didn’t go the extra mile to get alternative versions or at least provide us with Cantonese and Mandarin tracks. 
Having said that, I am looking forward to Volume 2. Seems like they’ve saved some of the best ones for next set in order to ensure more sales. 

• Like 4

PandaPawPaw

Is there a general list of best to worst regarding the movies? I want to get the crap ones out of the way first then watch the best ones. :D

• Haha 1

Drunksnake

I'd never seen this version of Goodbye Bruce Lee, only owned the Arrow DVD from years ago so was a nice change. Shame the boxing fighter was removed as Bruce Li does his best kicks in the whole film during that fight.20240622_061750.thumb.jpg.45d3bbe6dbf25f895e858acf42306eef.jpg20240622_061511.thumb.jpg.a8201e04123e29f94341658dfc7016c5.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Killer Meteor
On 6/5/2024 at 7:59 AM, Killer Meteor said:

Well, looks like Aquarius, back in the 70s, removed the "Bruce Clone vs Muhammad Ali Clone" fight from GOODBYE BRUCE LEE. It's in the extras, but hold onto your older Arrow (UK)/Anchor Bay (US) DVDs which use the original international version. The Aquarius version does have the interview with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar at the front though.

Said fight was also missing from the old Legacy DVD too - as reviwed by Too many Bruces

PandaPawPaw

Is anyone familiar with these two films I found which I've never heard of?

"Mostly filmed in colour" WTF!? :P

ramon-zamora-828af4ea-e8ea-4bc6-9d23-662

Pig+Boss-72-RZ-2-sf.jpg

Will these be on future volumes?

One Armed Boxer
1 hour ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Yep, Filipino flicks starring Ramon Zamora, whose specialty was parodying Bruce Lee. Don’t quote me but I think these 2 (with literally 100s if not 1000s of Filipino movies from this era) are considered lost.

• Like 3

Yihetuan
5 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Yep, Filipino flicks starring Ramon Zamora, whose specialty was parodying Bruce Lee. Don’t quote me but I think these 2 (with literally 100s if not 1000s of Filipino movies from this era) are considered lost.

I think they missed a chance with the Big Boss parody. Should've called The Balut Boss instead of The Pig Boss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

"Mostly filmed in colour" WTF!? :P

ramon-zamora-828af4ea-e8ea-4bc6-9d23-662

Pig+Boss-72-RZ-2-sf.jpg

Will these be on future volumes?

Which raises an obvious question: what movies would we like to see included in future Brucesploitation sets? For myself, my first pick would be Enter The Fat Dragon (the Sammo Hung one, of course) and, though it's kind of Brucesploitation in name only, Bruce Lee Fights Back From The Grave.

• Like 2

Yihetuan

MW already hinted that Bruce Lee in New Guinea is a strong possibility. It almost made it into Vol 1 but he didn't get the film elements in time. Tbh, I'd rather have that in Vol 1 than that bullshit Cameroon Connection.

• Like 2

sifu iron perm
1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

MW already hinted that Bruce Lee in New Guinea is a strong possibility. It almost made it into Vol 1 but he didn't get the film elements in time. Tbh, I'd rather have that in Vol 1 than that bullshit Cameroon Connection.

Cameroon Connection is a dud but has some merit for being one of the early martial arts movies filmed in an African country..some cult status for sure. I bought the French boutique release earlier this year doubled with Black Ninja- which easily surpasses CC..but how on earth did CC make it into the BC Volume 1?

• Buddha Bless You 1

Taoist Drunkard

Some titles I'd love to see in a future volume:

True Game of Death

Bruce and Shaolin Kung Fu I & II

Bruce, King of Kung Fu

Bruce the Superhero

Bruce Li in New Guinea

• Like 2

sifu iron perm
1 hour ago, Taoist Drunkard said:

Some titles I'd love to see in a future volume:

True Game of Death

Bruce and Shaolin Kung Fu I & II

Bruce, King of Kung Fu

Bruce the Superhero

Bruce Li in New Guinea

add Bruce vs Bill, the man the myth (a deluxe tranfer as possible) and some other rares.

• Like 3

Yihetuan
15 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

add Bruce vs Bill, the man the myth (a deluxe tranfer as possible) and some other rares.

No one wants Bruce and Jacky to the Rescue? :rofl

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

2 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

Bruce Lee, The Man, The Myth ... how could I forget that one? In hindsight (as best I recall), it was no more a fictionalized bio picture than Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story was!