The Game of Clones: Bruceploitation Collection Vol. 1 (Severin)

Super Ninja

Last on the list as usual but I can finally say my bundle is on the way. 

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm
38 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

Last on the list as usual but I can finally say my bundle is on the way. 

Join ze club Sir

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
On 6/8/2024 at 6:18 PM, LiuYiLong said:

I had the chance to sit down again with Frank Djeng recently to talk about his work and experiences producing the Enter The Clones of Bruce Documentary for Severin, Frank travelled to HK several times over several years to interview most of the key players in the doc. :)

That's the first time I've seen anyone wear the GOD suit and a hat but you make it work somehow. :D

• Haha 1

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
On 6/4/2024 at 11:15 AM, saltysam said:

I have a big birthday this weekend,was hoping to spend my week off work next week going through this set. Not happening is it :crying

Happy Birthday, @saltysam. Shame the set didn't arrive in time for your weekend plan.

On 6/4/2024 at 12:33 PM, chilly bong said:

Ditto. Turning 50 this week. Booked a few days off work. Still no shipping notification....

Well at least Ninja Terminator has shipped and I received my copy of An Old Kung Fu Master yesterday.

Still doesn't make it any less frustrating.

Happy Birthday to you too, @chilly bong.

On 6/8/2024 at 1:18 PM, LiuYiLong said:

I had the chance to sit down again with Frank Djeng recently to talk about his work and experiences producing the Enter The Clones of Bruce Documentary for Severin, Frank travelled to HK several times over several years to interview most of the key players in the doc. :)

Cool! Two guys I dig chatting about what we're here for. I'll listen to this while I work.

• Like 2

saltysam

My set has just been delivered! Now i can go back to whining about the MW poster book :tongueout

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Yihetuan
3 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

Hell yeah!20240610_152929.thumb.jpg.e416e95e1d507fc777a3c69a3598b19a.jpg

Hey my set didn't come with nunchuks. Going to email them & let them know

I watched the docu 3x alredy (once with the audio commentary) & I wish it were longer! Anyone else get kind of choked up during Ho Chung Tao's segments especially when he was talking about his family life & the toil it took on them. He seemed to have faced the most adversity & finally found peace and redemption in his later years. 🙏

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

venom10463

My set is arriving today. Very excited and I'm off for 5 days starting tomorrow.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm
4 hours ago, saltysam said:

My set has just been delivered! Now i can go back to whining about the MW poster book :tongueout

😆 🤣 😂 

• Like 1

sifu iron perm
1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

Hey my set didn't come with nunchuks. Going to email them & let them know

I watched the docu 3x alredy (once with the audio commentary) & I wish it were longer! Anyone else get kind of choked up during Ho Chung Tao's segments especially when he was talking about his family life & the toil it took on them. He seemed to have faced the most adversity & finally found peace and redemption in his later years. 🙏

Bruce Li definitely has a story to tell,  his own documentary! Rodney been showing me his TV work. 

• Like 7

saltysam

I watched Big Boss Pt 2. As expected,it's not very good, it's no undiscovered classic that's for sure! But Lo Lieh is always good value and Lee Quin pops up in a really weird role.

I've got to say Severin have cheaped out putting the bonus disc in a crappy paper sleeve ,i get they didn't want to produce two different boxes but hey, these are premium priced sets.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Yihetuan
54 minutes ago, saltysam said:

I watched Big Boss Pt 2. As expected,it's not very good, it's no undiscovered classic that's for sure! But Lo Lieh is always good value and Lee Quin pops up in a really weird role.

I've got to say Severin have cheaped out putting the bonus disc in a crappy paper sleeve ,i get they didn't want to produce two different boxes but hey, these are premium priced sets.

I heard and read a lot complaints about the bonus disc not having its own insert in the set but I'm not too bothered by it. It is the one blight on the set overall but I'm just glad the discs are easy to remove unlike that godawful Bruce Lee Legacy set where you literally risk damaging the disc every time you pull it out or put it back in. Didn't realize how much of a babe that Caryn White was back in the day when she played Linda in The Dragon Lives. She said she met her first husband on the set as he was one of the extras playing a student protestor with the pony tail. Lucky him.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm
6 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I heard and read a lot complaints about the bonus disc not having its own insert in the set but I'm not too bothered by it. It is the one blight on the set overall but I'm just glad the discs are easy to remove unlike that godawful Bruce Lee Legacy set where you literally risk damaging the disc every time you pull it out or put it back in. Didn't realize how much of a babe that Caryn White was back in the day when she played Linda in The Dragon Lives. She said she met her first husband on the set as he was one of the extras playing a student protestor with the pony tail. Lucky him.

Screenshot_20240610_221305_Chrome.jpg

• Sad 1

sifu iron perm
6 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

😆 🤣 😂 @ last paragraph. 

• Love 1

Drunksnake

My question is, if the bonus disc is exclusive to Severin site customers, what is the slip in the back for?

Will this just be an empty slip for fans that buy elsewhere?

I do love this set and the book is a great read so far. Will be cracking in to the discs today so I can finally see that documentary.20240611_074355.thumb.jpg.51dc596357c928f2f05f68a21d591fb5.jpg

De Ming Li

My package (Send in the Clones set + poster book) arrived here in Sydney on Monday and after me contacting them (Fedex/TNT) back and forth for the last three days for them to leave at the depot for me to pick up, has today been "accidentally" sent to Melbourne :bs_firey: so now I will have to pick it up next week when it comes back here. :BL-Emotional:

• Sad 2
  • Angry 1

kuenfist
Posted (edited)

Watched the Dragon lives again. So much fun to see this for the first time in widescreen !!! Now i love it more. Ok it is goofy slapstick but well done. Bruce Liang is always a favor of mine -he is so skilled in martial arts and a real acrobat (don't know but has he a backround in chinese opera ???). All are talking about the high kickers like John Liu and Hwang Jang- Li but damn this guy can kick too !!! Not only it is high there is much power behind it as by Tan Tao Liang. Always like the Goldig productions but never saw one with so much nudity in it. You can see now much better the movie was done for a adult audience. Great comedy ( if you like chinese slapstick ) great movie. Another reason i am happy to bought this box ...

Edited by kuenfist
  • Like 3

ShawAngela
On 6/11/2024 at 8:48 AM, Drunksnake said:

My question is, if the bonus disc is exclusive to Severin site customers, what is the slip in the back for?

I do love this set and the book is a great read so far. Will be cracking in to the discs today so I can finally see that documentary.20240611_074355.thumb.jpg.51dc596357c928f2f05f68a21d591fb5.jpg

Mine doesn't have the plastic protection on the blue sleeve, and is inserted the same way in the big carton box that holds all the discs. I only ordered the boxset. I love these blue tones.

• Like 2

ShawAngela
On 6/11/2024 at 8:48 AM, Drunksnake said:

This,slipcase must be offrered for people who wants to put their dvd in a special dvd case instead of keeping it in the boxset.

tinlunlau

Mine came in the last 5 days or so.  Couldn't even finish The Big Boss Part 2 because so much of my grandpa is in this movie, it was too much for me. Lol!

But I did finish that documentary.  And as soon as I see that Roy Horan is interviewed, I notified Celina Jade right away.  Now she is interested in picking a copy so I told David Gregory and he told me to drop his email contact to her so they can set something up for her to receive a free copy.  It's the least I can do.  

On a side note, fuck globe! Had to say it. 😂

• Like 3

Yihetuan
2 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Mine doesn't have the plastic protection on the blue sleeve, and is inserted the same way in the big carton box that holds all the discs. I only ordered the boxset. I love these blue tones.

None of them come with the plastic sleeve. That's his own personal one in which he put in the blue paper sleeve to protect it & looks like he also took the sticker on the shrinkwrap & placed it on the sleeve too.

• Like 3

Drunksnake
6 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

This,slipcase must be offrered for people who wants to put their dvd in a special dvd case instead of keeping it in the boxset.

I put the blue paper sleeve inside a plastic one myself. But there is a hole for a disc on the back page so I assume this who don't order direct are just left with an empty space?

PandaPawPaw
On 6/10/2024 at 12:38 PM, PandaPawPaw said:

Are these movies remastered?

Yes/No?

saltysam
1 hour ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Yes/No?

Some of the transfers are straight scans of theatrical prints and come with splices,scratches etc. Big Boss 2,Black Dragon vs Yellow Tiger lots of print damage.Dragon Lives Again has plenty of scratches, Goodbye Bruce and Challenge Of The Tiger have some intermittent damage. Dragon,The Hero looks good, Rage Of The Dragon ok, Superdragon and Dragon Lives look quite good. I'd say the only full proper remaster is Cameroon Connection, that looks like a 2k remaster job. But all look great in true widescreen,i can easily get by the scratches.

• Like 4