Diablo (2024) Scott Adkins, Marko Zaror

AlbertV

Announced at Cannes, Scott Adkins and Marko Zaror are reuniting for a new action film entitled "Diablo", which will be directed by Zaror collaborator Ernest Diaz Espinosa. Filming is set to be in Chile later this year. 

Plot follows Kris Chaney (Adkins) who, after being released from prison, embarks on a perilous mission to fulfill an old promise but finds himself in danger when he kidnaps Elisa, the daughter of a powerful gangster. Her father, Vincent, puts out a call to the entire criminal underworld to bring her back alive. El Corvo (Zaror), a psychopathic killer, joins the hunt not for the money but for his own vendetta against Vincent’s family. Kris must evade both Elisa’s powerful father and a ruthless killer bent on revenge to live long enough to tell Elisa the full story that has been hidden from her.

https://deadline.com/2023/05/john-wick-chapter-4-scott-adkins-marko-zaror-diablo-cannes-market-1235365753/

• Like 4

I thought this was a film adaption of the video game series. lol But what I read sounds pretty cool too. 

• Like 1

I was hoping for something bigger for Adkins next following JW4.

But at least he and Zaror are generally very good together.

• Like 1

Super Ninja

Zaror gave his best working with Espinoza so I'm excited for Diablo just as much as I was when first hearing about Fist of Condor being made. It's better for Zaror and for us all if he's working with Espinoza rather then continue being wasted in films such as Machete Kills and Alita. Great to hear Adkins will be joining him on another one of his Espinoza collabs. Good news!

• Like 1

Cool.

Adkins as the Warrior. But who will play the Rogue and who the Sorcerer?

I hope Tristram will look as dark as in the games. It will probably be an entertaining Splatterparty with a cool story set in medieval times. I hope they will make the levels look as dangerous as Moria in Lord of the Rings.

...oh wait :(

• Like 1

AlbertV

Diablo:' Grindstone Takes North American RIghts To Action Pic

Grindstone Entertainment has scored the U.S. rights to the film today and the first still of the film has been released! Oh snap!!!

• Like 3

slinky#1
Posted (edited)

Got something in your eye, here let me get it out. (aleast that is what i think Scott is thinking here.) Take time for the fights please. 

Edited by slinky#1