Chan Wai-Man's thoughts on the best action performer in Hong Kong cinema

DiP

Without the advantage of being able to read the article (did I miss an English translation option in there somewhere?) I'd have to wonder if Ken Lo being his top choice had anything to do with Ken Lo being right there! Anyway, I've got nothing against Ken, met him very briefly in 1998 when he was doing security work for Jackie at a book signing, Ken seemed like a nice guy, & he's obviously a highly skilled martial artist. But "best action performer in Hong Kong cinema" could include such a wide variety of talents & skills it would be hard for me to honestly opine that Ken was the "best of the best"! Was he the best at stuntwork? Acrobatics? Acting? Action directing? Was he the most charismatic performer? And, of course, it's largely a matter of personal preferences, "best" is a highly subjective matter of choice. 

Regardless, it's cool to see these two guys still looking fit & ready for action!

• Like 1

I use Google Chrome, it can translate in any language. Translation is rough though.

Chan Wai-Man, to me, comes across as someone who is very honest and his opinions are based on prior pro fighting experiences. In that regard, Ken Lo fits the category perfectly as he was competing in the ring before entering the HK movie industry in the mid 1980s. I can think of few other HK action performer with similar pro fighting backgrounds: Billy Chow, and Chan Wai-Man himself. I remember an interview with Chan which was conducted by Bey Logan in the early 1990s, and he had nothing good to say about Jackie Chan in terms of real fighting capabilities (https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bruceleelivestributeforum/90s-chan-wai-man-interview-t4554.html).

As for "best action performer in Hong Kong cinema"... It's all subjective. So I don't mind seeing this be debated. Bring it on! 😎🔥

Edited by DiP