The Meg 2: The Trench (2022)

Drunken Monk

This was a lot of fun. I enjoyed it a lot more than the first. There are even a couple of good ol' fashioned Jason Stathan brawls in it.

Saw the trailer for this when watching Barbie, and it looks like a SyFy movie, only with a much bigger budget (which, judging by the trailer, does not show on screen) and less attractive guys.

Forgive me, but I had loads of fun with this film. It's dumb as fuck and the script should be dumped in the ocean but it's a VERY enjoyable film. Its biggest crime is that it isn't R rated.

They take what the first one gave us and ramp up the silliness. Jason Statham has two fight scenes, believe it or not. And not against a shark. Wu Jing and Statham have wonderful chemistry and the addition or stupid little dinosaur things and a massive octopus is ace.

If you can't stand cheese, don't watch it. You can't go into this film expecting to tear it apart because you'll ultimately tear it apart no matter what. Meg 2 isn't for negative nancies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

It's dumb as fuck

Perfectly sums up most of the blockbusters nowadays. However glad you've enjoyed it. Nothing wrong with that actually.

1st one was one of the worst movies Ive ever seen. But Id watch this sequel,   I like sharks.. lol.   Maybe us dudes (or people altogether) are simple, throw a giant vicious killer animal and were in.