Shaolin Prince Siren DVD

Guest Monkey King 2000

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Monkey King 2000

Sorry I do not have a great understanding of these things. Is the picture quality as good as the recent Dragon Dynasty releases. I bought the Siren Legendary weapons of China DVD and was very pleased with the picture quality, is this DVD as good. I have not seen this title on the DD realease list and so was thinking of upgrading my ivl DVD to Siren.

Guest VonHumboldtFleischer

I don't usually see much of a difference in the picture quality between Siren and IVL. Their audio is often a little better - English dubs and good mono mixes - but I can't say I've noticed a difference in the picture quality.

I did notice, however, that on the LWOC DVD cover it's spelled 'WEAPPONS' on the spine. How did they miss that?

Sorry I do not have a great understanding of these things. Is the picture quality as good as the recent Dragon Dynasty releases.

is that prior to DD, no one had access to the HD masters Celestial has. The Siren dvds I've seen are not as good as the French releases, which are using the original PAL masters. That said, this hopefully will be coming out in the US from an HD master. And BTW, DD doesn't have the rights for this film.

Guest Monkey King 2000

Linn thanks very much for your help. I will wait for a hopeful new US one, just out of interest do the French DVD's have English subtitles or just French.

Guest THESHAWMAN

unfortunately the French dvd's do not have eng subs!:\

the cover artwork on them is superb,and there are a couple of special 2 disc version, 8 diagram pole fighter is one.;)

Guest killer meteor

All the Siren's are genuine PAL, whilst the HK DVDs are PAL-NTSC. Some of them were non-anamorphic and I don't know if their Shaolin Prince release was anamorphic or if it had the Cantonese mono track - prerelease claimed it and Legendary Weapons did, but it seems from the scarce info I can find that they only have Mandarin tracks. Any confirmation on that?

Guest oldeschool17

shouldnt there be an autoreply from bobo on waiting for this to be released by dragon dynasty or media blasters w/ english dubs?:lol

Guest Monkey King 2000

killer meteor sorry for the late reply, Legendary weapons was anamorphic, but unfortunately there is only a Mandarin track no Cantonese mono track.

Archived