September through October Celestial.

Guest Agent Orange

Guest Agent Orange

September through October Celestial. My Picks and the reasons for letting down the rest. Although

im not as familiar with some of these titles i have been collecting several years and have a lot of

experience watching Shaws. To my own perspective on this considering that... I choose the following.

1shawe.jpg

September 20th

Lady of Steel -- (1970) Ho Meng Hua Dir/Cheng Pei Pei. Usually enjoy these types of Wuxia / Sword

slinging, rough house, semi to multi angular in plot. Looking forward to it ... ive never been dissapointed

with a Cheng Pei Pei movie ever. I think i have 90% of them.

Lady Of Steel    (1970).jpg

The Warlord And The Actress -- (1964) Written by Chang Cheh. This is a Drama - I am open to Shaw

Dramas but do not know of many good ones. (If you can suggest some please do!). This one i will not

pass up because it has a rare Starring role by Yeh Feng. Very beautiful in her day. Looking foward to it.

The Warlord And The Actress    (1964).jpg

MOVIES SKIPPED

The Master of Kung Fu (1973).. reason skipped: Looks slightly above typical- WILL look over it since there

are other more alluring shaws and because of Budget for both months.

Starry is the Night (1988).. reason skipped. Dont know much about this film besides it's a drama.

Derek Yee is in it, it seems but it just does not peak any sense of interest overall...

Innocent Lust (1977) reason skipped. The poster alone.

October 4th

Sensual Pleasures (1978). This movie is an ''adult'' historical drama.. I am going to get it because

although it does not feature many names instantly regcognized besides David Chiang, i AM going to get

this because it has a lot of the actresses many of whom ive known about for years but are hardly on the

same bill. This includes Hu Chin, Chin Ping, Shaw Yin Yin again (mostly regonized for her sexual allure

and famous in hk because of some of her more adult roles), Chan Si Gaai and Shirly Yu.

Sensual Pleasures    (1978).jpg

Seeding Of A Ghost (1983) Again another shaw horror flick towards the very end of the year ''Seeding

of a ghost'' Decent year. Interesting Fantasy, Horror / Thriller w/ Norman Chu Siu Keung Philip Ko Fei.

Dont know much about it? Any reccomendation? For now it's on my list

Seeding Of A Ghost    (1983).jpg

Bewitched (1981) This ones seems to have come out not of the blue but the black.. Another Shaw

Horror/Thriller towards the end of the year. Any reccomendations? IM 50/50.. And i dont mean 50 cent.

1Bewitched    (1981).jpg

Return Of The Dead (1979) ooooo Shaw Drama Thriller by Li Han Hsiang, good year. Mine! Im all

for this one cant wait to watch it. "Return Of The Dead'' is the name of the title but it will be refreshing

to finally see this re-mastered.

Return Of The Dead    (1979).jpg

MOVIES SKIPPED

The Mad Monk (1977), reason. This movie has nobody i am interested in seeing besides Shaw Yin Yin.

OCT 18TH

Shaolin Rescuers (1979), Ahhhhhh finally another venoms film directed by Chang Cheh. A must own.

1Shaolin Rescuers    (1979).jpg

Five Element Ninjas, im not even going to put the date on this one. Everybody wants it, everybody has

been talking about it. So popular they mad an english dub of it in the 80's. I cant wait to see this film.

If you dont have money and want even one of these titles get this.

1Five Element Ninjas    (1982).jpg

The Pirate (1973), Adventure Kung Fu aboard a Pirate Ship? Say it isnt so. Ti Lung and his ''might as

well be brother'' David Chiang. Dir/ Chang Cheh. Im all for stealing this one. Definitely a treasure......

1The Pirate    (1973).jpg

MOVIES SKIPPED

Heads for sale (1970) I do not recognize a single actor from this title i am going to skip it.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway

I'm gonna buy THE MASTER OF KUNG FU (Ku Feng owns this movie) and FIVE ELEMENT NINJA (Chang Cheh's last great film).

Would also like to check out LADY OF STEEL, HEADS FOR SALE and THE PIRATE at some point. Maybe a couple of the horror flicks too?

Guest peringaten

Bewitched; Kuei Chih Hung's direct prequel to Boxer's Omen? I'm sold.

Master Of Kung Fu - Ku Feng as Wong Fei Hung? I'm sold.

Heads For Sale - been wanting to see this ever since Eastern Heroes' book review years back.

Mad Monk - heee - I loved the VCD-only sequel way too much, loads of fun - been desperate to see this since. Weird old release schedules.

Seeding's been on my hitlist for years. Seems old Asian Trash Cinema's book was good for one thing in exciting for this one.

Shit, they all look good.

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

The Master Of Kung Fu, is an excellent Ku Feng vehicle with a easily pissed off Chan Shen as well. good movie.

The Mad Monk looks interesting. Anyone know anything about this title?

Lady Of Steel may be cool if the cast is there.

Sensual Pleasures (definitely)

Seeding Of A Ghost

Bewitched

Return Of The Dead

the three others I'm not sure of until I hear some feed back on 'em.

Shaolin Rescuers

Five Elements Ninja's (even though I consider this movie a bit more silly than usual Shaws still it'a must have)

Heads For Sale

The Pirate

These four are all must haves.

Guest golden harvested

I am glad to see images of my posters are being used. For the little time I had them on my www page I see they have spread throughout. Glad to be useful. Even without my permission.

You missed one.

innctlstmz0.jpg

Guest killer meteor

Put me down for Master Of Kung Fu

Think I'll hold off the Venoms stuff because that's the sort of thing Media Blasters might get a hold of

Guest oldeschool17

kinda on the fence with 5 element ninjas. Originally i was gung ho about getting this but when Media Blasters made the announcement that they were going to release this i think ive decided to wait out for it. Only downside to waiting is theres no telling when it will be released on Media Blasters.

Guest thejadefacedassassin

Sensual Pleasures has Chen Ping, not Chin Ping. So I hope

Agent Orange won't be disappointed but will still order it.

Heads For Sale is a must-have. It is a Chiao Chiao masterpiece. The hero is Korean hunk Chen Liang, star of Temptress Of 1,000 Faces.

Guest Agent Orange
Shaw Yin Yin again (mostly regonized for her sexual allure and famous in hk because of some of her more adult roles),

Excuse me i made a mistake, this information is in regards to Shirley Yu. She is the one who co-starred

in many of the Shaw brothers erotic or adult themed films.

I am glad to see images of my posters are being used. For the little time I had them on my www page I see they have spread throughout. Glad to be useful. Even without my permission.

No need to ask your permission because i got those images from HKCinemagic who are free willed and promote shaw

movies with the utmost respect to informing the communities about these movies.

You missed one.

No i didnt miss one. I only posted the films of movies i am getting an as far as ''Innocent Lust'' i had already mentioned

above under September 20th's movies skipped ''Innocent Lust (1977) reason skipped. The poster alone."

What's your site Golden harvested? Anyway i hope this post is informative it was kind of fun to do and i needed a few

opinions from some of the members with more knowledge of some of the more obscure.

SEEDING OF A GHOST is not just "decent", it's the f*cking pinneacle of HK horror cinema. The finale will rattle even the most jaded horror enthusiast (if it will be uncut, I *think* my VHS tape is uncut). The whole thing is the sleaziest, goriest of the HK movies anyway.

Guest golden harvested

Guilty as charged.

AOrange - Yea, HKCinemagic took the photos I took of my collection and cropped them to mask the source and then promoted them as their own. I wrote them a NICE email why they did that and they threw me attitude. No respect.

Seeding of a Ghost and Bewitched are tops of the pile for me as well. Heads for Sale is one of the best films of it's type for the era IMO, and I'll be grabbing that one as well. The Pirate is above average for Chang Cheh boat fair. :)

Guest Marquis de Falcon

how much does it cost to aquire the rights to a film or films from celestial. im tired of them skipping over very important titles. I wonder how the sales are in HK. This is VERY VERY gay........... :|

Guest Kwok Choi

Agent Orange don't skip Heads For Sale.If you have 90% of Chang Pei Pei's movies then enjoy Heads For Sale as a substitute for no Chang Pei Pei release in the Oct 18 batch.Chiao Chiao is the heroine of this one and she doesn't disappoint.

Archived