Photos from the Lo Meng Weekend

magicpoe

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mantis FIST

I doubt this but, Was the RZA there? did anyone see him? Just curious.

Hopefully next time, if there is one, I will not have any surgeries around the time of the fest so I can go!

Cheers!

Unfortunately I've posted everything that was usable from my camera. The rest of the photos are a blurry mess which is disappointing.

Guest teako170

As magicpoe experienced technical difficulties, I too had problems - though they were basically human error.

My probelm was I brought along a couple of disposable cameras which produced less-than-desired quality. (Considering I blew $$$$$ on film school, you think I would know better.)

Well, I already got my eye on a nice little 12MP HD camera for next year's event, so I won't disappoint.

In the meantime, a few more .....

Rick Hopkins and Bobby Samuels squaring off at the fight choreography session

sat7.jpg

The lion dancers before the opening ceremonies

sat8.jpg

Rick Hopkins showing some moves while Lo Mang watches on

sat9.jpg

Me hanging out with Master Kim (Think I can take him? Not-bloody-likely! HAHA)

sat10.jpg

Lo Mang w/ translator before Media Blasters interview

sat11.jpg

Lo Mang after Media Blasters interview

sat12.jpg

Guest bruce holecheck

Ah, Sifu Linn -- I had tried to call a few times in the week prior to the get-together, as I had to skip it myself (I was going out of town from Thursday to Sunday), but live just off I-95 and would've loved to have met up for a meal on your way home. Next time answer your damn phone! :-)

If you need any help with any supplemental work, feel free to ask.

-- bruce holecheck

sorry Bruce. My wife only answers the phone if someone leaves a message and I guess I just missed you everytime. Maybe next time. I might be coming up that way again soon. BTW, anyone trying to get me via cellphone, don't. The cellphone I used was just for that weekend, and it's been returned.

Guest TambaChibaYama  IchiFune

Man...u guys looked like u had a nice time. I cant even imagine what it felt like being in the presence of a legend like Lo Meng. U guys are lucky! I was reading a post where it was mentioned that they would like to do another event like this. If it happens again and they have the ultimate legend himself Mr. Lau Kar Leung, i will be there without any hesitation!! Most of them probably have no clue how much we admire and respect there talents!!

Guest Iron_Jinon

Time has been kind for toad (I guess regular training has something to do with it too :tongue:), he still appears to be strong and does not look old. Cool pics:)

Archived