Photos from the Lo Meng Weekend

magicpoe

Guest teako170
God, now I'm the Wei Pai to everyone else's five venoms lol.
Haha - too funny Ian! :lol

Brian. This next photo is for you sir. Enjoy!

lomangmagicpoe.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chinatown Kid

Glad to see you guys had such a great time! Wish I could have went but I couldn't get off from work to go at this particular time. Did any of you guys attend the fight choreography class and if so, how was it? That had to be interesting with Mr. Bad Ass himself Lo Meng!

Guest teako170

Yes I'm aware of that thread (I posted in it asking for a scan which no one ever produced). However there's a difference between having a dislike for something/ someone and outright asinine behavior. I never knew Ric other than what I read and while he might be far from perfect, after meeting him in person, I agree with what magicpoe stated about him being respectful and deserving the same in return.

Now, also as magicpoe mentioned, this thread was created for the discussion of the event and the photos that were taken - so that's the last I'm going to say about Mr. Meyers.

Moving on.... Mark posted my report on his site: www.kungfucinema.com/news...82703.html

Also, as I mentioned prior, I'll be doing a much larger article with many photos so stay tuned....

Yes, sorry you couldn't make it Charles. It was a great time and the more I reflect on it, the more delighted I am for attending. The fight choreography class lasted a few hours. I'll be posting some pix of that as well. Lo Mang showed some moves and got involved as the session went on but for the most part he basically watched the other fighters do their thing.

Guest peringaten

Wish I could have been there. Unfortunately a bunch of the photos in this thread are just showing as red x's to me. Edit - scratch that - as soon as I posted they showed up... You guys look nothing like my mental images of you! Lo Meng's such a badass.

Guest oldeschool17

nice lil review. id def like to check out that dvd when it hits the presses. Great job to all that made this event possible. Its not often we get to honor a living film legend these days. I wish i coulda made it.

Guest raider yang

Thanks a lot for posting the pics from the event. Wish I could've been there to get Lo Meng's autograph and shake his hand.

I look forwrd to the Media Blasters Shaw titles and hopefully sooner rather than later.

Guest venom10463
Lo Mang, Shaw Brothers star and member of the elite Five Deadly Venoms, made his first ever trip to the U.S. this

Ummm Teako, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Lo Mang flew to the U.S. too cheograph the fight scene in one of Dru Hill's music video back in the late 90's.?

anyways, back on topic

Looks like it was alot of fun. I wish I could have been there to meet my favorite venom.

Guest Agent Orange

Teako, what motivated Lo Mang to come to the USA, to philadelphia in particular in the first place.

A lot of people do not even know about him. Could you give us some insight into that ?

For example was it the fans who insisted he come over in the US or because he heard rumors people

know about his film and love them. OR Is he touring etc? Why did he come solo? And then Why philly...

You guys are so lucky to meet Lo Mang DAMN that's something else man. You probably dont know a lick

of Kung Fu teako but i tell you what ''im jealous of your kung fu'' at this moment.

Cant wait to see any future input on this event! This is definitely a very rare treat for us Shaw Heads.

Guest venom10463
Teako, what motivated Lo Mang to come to the USA, to philadelphia in particular in the first place.

A lot of people do not even know about him. Could you give us some insight into that ?

For example was it the fans who insisted he come over in the US or because he heard rumors people

know about his film and love them. OR Is he touring etc? Why did he come solo? And then Why philly...

You guys are so lucky to meet Lo Mang DAMN that's something else man. You probably dont know a lick

of Kung Fu teako but i tell you what ''im jealous of your kung fu'' at this moment.

Cant wait to see any future input on this event! This is definitely a very rare treat for us Shaw Heads.

Read here www.kungfucinema.com/news...82703.html

Guest chen lung
Lo Meng is the one with the big white bushy beard, right?

that's Ric Meyers, the one with the specs sitting down is Lo Meng.

Hope you all had a great time!

Great pics, Lo looks like he's in his 30's! Damnn I wish I could of went and met the man himself, looky forward to the rest of the pics.

Guest ToddTheRef

the pics that have been posted so far seem pretty underpopulated. It looks like a ghost town there! Was the turnout that low, or were the pics taken before most people showed up? Its a shame if the organizers lost money on the venture, they won't be keen to hold more events in the future.

Guest teako170
Ummm Teako, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Lo Mang flew to the U.S. too cheograph the fight scene in one of Dru Hill's music video back in the late 90's.?
That was shot over in the U.K. I believe some of it was shot at St. Albans Church in Teddington Lock.

Bobby Samuels is a class act guy. One of the nicest people you'd ever meet. He actually gave one of the attendees, whom he never met before, Chen Kuan Tai's personal cell number. Bobby mentioned he has plenty of behind-the-scene footage for that video shoot; which I hope to talk to him further about. He also has additional footage which he says will stay in the "vault." I think he's got a English dub of HoT there too (No, just joking on that second part).

Basically it boiled down to that its the hometown of the event organizer, Richard Hopkins. I was just lucky enough that I live fairly close by. I'm sure if the event was held in, say, Utah I would have been like.. "Utah?? What the....!!"

Was the turnout that low, or were the pics taken before most people showed up?
Those pix taken of the auditorium by magicpoe were early on before Lo Mang showed up. The turnout for both Saturday events seemed just right. The Sunday event certainly could have had more people.

I know of several folks on this board from the tri-state area that said they would come but didn't show. That's disappointing. I realize sevenhooks was over in Europe but I had hope some other KFF members would have shown.

Richard Hopkins said over at VFan's forum ... "The key thing to keeping events like the one I organized is showing support. We had a pretty good turn out to meet Lo Mang, but it could have been better.

I hope there is indeed another expo next year and I hope many more of you guys can show your support by being there. I'm telling you, Lo Mang was one laid back cat and was it awesome to finally meet a living, breathing Venom.

I'll post some more pix later. I'm on vaycay this week so its time to hit the beach. Remember... please play nice in this thread. I got a lot more stuff I (and I'm sure the others) can share with you guys. Thanks.

The attendance was a little low but I did see posters around Philadelphia advertising the event. All I could do was show up and participate. I'd really like for these to continue and will support future events.

As far as the organizer losing money, don't know that one.

Teako170, thanks for the pic of me shaking hands with Lo Meng as most of my pics turned out terrible. My digital camera is on the way out.

Guest venomsfreak

Thanks for the info and the pics Teako, I wish I could have been there. I'd really like to see more pics and hear more of what happened.

Guest oldeschool17

so did media blasters release any additional info on their shaw bros releases? I can assure you myself, bobo, and everybody else is anticipating some news in regards to this. Are you guys keeping hum till Linn gets back?

I'd rather Linn talk about the additional details concerning these releases because I do not want to misquote or give out any details that might not be set in stone yet. I honestly don't know very much more than I did before this weekend but what I do know I'd rather let Linn discuss.

Basically I do not want to piss off anyone or Media Blasters.

Guest teako170

Sorry to hear about the camera problems magicpoe. Please post what you can.

In the meantime, here's some pix from the opening ceremony on Arch Street. Traffic slowed to a crawl during the lion dance and a small crowd swelled on the opposite street.

Yes after all these years, Lo Mang can still stop traffic. Now that's some powerful kung fu!

sat1.jpg

sat2.jpg

sat3.jpg

sat5.jpg

sat6.jpg

Archived