Way of the Dragon Novel

shukocarl1441996347

shukocarl1441996347

Way of the Dragon - A novel based on the film is nearing completion. Written by my friend Tarquin Lash.

Should be out in time for 20th July.

799full-the-way-of-the-dragon-(return-of-the-dragon)-poster (2).jpg

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

shukocarl1441996347
4 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

@shukocarl1441996347,  I assume it's going to print on demand self-published softcover but can you give us a rough estimate of the price and the number of pages?

Hello Yihetuan

Price is going to be around £10 (maybe less). Page count not set yet. Though I expect it to be a slim volume like Mike Roote's Enter the Dragon was. I've read an earlier draft and it expands on the story in several new scenes to connect things that the film doesn't show. I think fans will enjoy it. Tarquin will have a cover mock-up ready in the next few days.

Edited by shukocarl1441996347
  • Like 3

shukocarl1441996347

Here's the cover to the novel (subject to change though). It looks rather good I think.

thumbnail2.jpg

• Like 4

shukocarl1441996347

Things are moving quickly as this nears to the printing stage. Should be ready way before July 20th (intended release date) This is an early version of the rear cover blurb:

JUST A SHORT TIME AGO A YOUNG CHINESE FARMER LANDED IN ROME. NOW HE'S UP TO HIS NECK IN GUNS, KNIVES AND MOBSTERS AS HE HELPS A FAMILY FREIND DEFEND HER INHERITED RESTUARANT FROM A CRIMINAL SYNDICATE. CAN ONE MAN -  WITH JUST HIS SKILL IN KUNG FU, PROTECT HER, HIS FRIENDS & HIS HONOUR FROM ASSASSINS, A RUTHLESS MOB & KARATE KILLERS?

The first novel from TARQUIN LASH is an expanded and unnoficial tribute to a martial arts classic!

way-of-the-dragon1-1024x762.jpg

Edited by shukocarl1441996347
  • Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

shukocarl1441996347

Now at the designers, should be printing by early next week.

I've just read it and Tarquin's done a great job. It's like a director's cut with all the added scenes to fill the story. Some creative licence has been taken for sure because the film never explains a lot of things. It's like an alternate universe version of the same story with the same characters.

Way-of-the-Dragon-4 (4).jpg

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

shukocarl1441996347
On 5/16/2023 at 7:41 PM, sifu iron perm said:

Can't wait to get it! 

Just a quick update...it will still be out for July but things have slowed a little, the designer and Tarquin are deciding if they should include movie stills and if so...what format would be best to present the book in terms of size /price? It's not just a case of sending the proof to the printers!

Meanwhile...what could be next?

HEY!.jpg

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

ShawAngela
8 hours ago, shukocarl1441996347 said:

Just a quick update...it will still be out for July but things have slowed a little, the designer and Tarquin are deciding if they should include movie stills and if so...what format would be best to present the book in terms of size /price? It's not just a case of sending the proof to the printers!

Meanwhile...what could be next?

HEY!.jpg

Man From HK in a novel  ? Wow !

• Like 1

shukocarl1441996347
2 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Man From HK in a novel  ? Wow !

You said it...not me.:wait

• Like 1

shukocarl1441996347
20 hours ago, legendarycurry said:

When are we getting the Super Inframan Novelization :) 

Feel free to write it, get it proof read, designed, printed and of course paid for. :)

legendarycurry
1 minute ago, shukocarl1441996347 said:

Feel free to write it, get it proof read, designed, printed and of course paid for. :)

If only I had the skill, motivation, and finances :( 

shukocarl1441996347
10 hours ago, legendarycurry said:

If only I had the skill, motivation, and finances :( 

Yes, those are stumbling blocks:thumbsup

shukocarl1441996347

The book will be shipping from 16th June - 50 copies so PM me if you're interested in obtaining one?

Below is the full cover.

WAY OF DRAGON COVER 138X216.jpg

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

On 5/23/2023 at 6:46 PM, shukocarl1441996347 said:

Feel free to write it, get it proof read, designed, printed and of course paid for.

What are legal issues involved in doing unofficial novelizations of our favorite kung fu movies, Shaw or otherwise?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

shukocarl1441996347

The same as the makers of the STAR TREK fan films on you tube. You are not attempting to own the story/characters. The copyright owner is acknowleged and the work is "Based on" an existing story. There are many fan-fiction properties out there in the public domain.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

20 hours ago, DrNgor said:

I've always wanted to write a novelization of Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin. 

Do it!! 😀👍

• Like 1

sifu iron perm
On 6/18/2023 at 12:28 AM, shukocarl1441996347 said:

The same as the makers of the STAR TREK fan films on you tube. You are not attempting to own the story/characters. The copyright owner is acknowleged and the work is "Based on" an existing story. There are many fan-fiction properties out there in the public domain.

ill grab a copy, just send me an invoice paypal..

VIA PM

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

Bruce Lee: Authorship, Ideology, and Film Studies– Part 2 – Offscreen

I always wondered if Bruce had married Nora instead of Linda. they would've been a power couple of HK and Asia.

• Like 3

sifu iron perm
27 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

I always wondered if Bruce had married Nora instead of Linda. they would've been a power couple of HK and Asia.

alternate reality there but remember there was still a miss Betty Ting Pei roaming about..somewhere!

Edited by sifu iron perm
  • Haha 2