My Inframan question didn't appear for Mr. Ebert's live chat

Guest W Hong

Roger Ebert recently had a live online chat on the Ebert and Roeper website. I remember an old episode of "Siskel and Ebert" where Roger talked about "Inframan" in a "Guilty Pleasures" episode. In that same episode, I think that Gene Siskel even said "...I think that there's an 'Ultraman'...". I also kind of remember(as may some of you also) Roger's quotes on the back cover of the old Inframan VHS tape from the '80's.

So I tried to send two different questions to the live chat, but about one day ahead of the chat. My other question for Roger was about Gene's "Dog of the Week" being the early '80's horror movie, "Maniac". It was all kind of hard to use, I noticed, and my two questions didn't seem to appear. So although a live chat is kind of hard to use, I thought I'd still tell you Shaw fans about Mr. Ebert being a fan of "Inframan".

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest froffeecoffee

I remember that episode. That's was the 1st time I heard about Inframan. It was a big reason I sought it out because Siskel and Ebert were the only critics whose reviews I put in any trust in. Mind you they weren't always right.

Guest VonHumboldtFleischer

How to be Roger Ebert

Step 1. Eat lots of pies.

Step 2. Memorise this formula: "To say [current movie under discussion] is like [disparaging cliche] is an insult to [subject of disparaging cliche]". Use at every conceivable occasion.

Step 3. Repeat Step 2 for forty years.

Guest froffeecoffee

Not only Ong Bak, he's also come to the defense of a lot of different marital art and anime films.

I'll say this about him, he has a lot of passion for film. Not just mainstream, but also exploitation, art, animation, just about every genre. What serious critic is going to admit to liking Inframan?

I'll say this about him, he has a lot of passion for film. Not just mainstream, but also exploitation, art, animation, just about every genre. What serious critic is going to admit to liking Inframan?

Yeah I like Ebert, I think he was very open minded when it came to different movies, being a critic is just a no win situation.

Archived