Which Bruce Clone had the most consistent output?

saltysam

Although there were a few Bruce imitators, there were really only 3 who had a prolific output - Bruce Li, Dragon Lee and Bruce Le. (there was also the Phillipine guy Ramon ?) Although he made some poor efforts early on, i'd say definitely Ho Chung Tao, Man The Myth, FOF 2 & 3, Chinese Stuntman, Soul Brothers, Edge Of Fury were among many great movies he did. Dragon Lee although he looked the part, his movies were pretty poor imo, nothing really stands out in his filmography as being great. Bruce Le made mostly drek but had a few decent efforts, Enter The Game Of Death and Bruce's Fingers, i also quite liked Le & Dragon Lee in Clones Of Bruce Lee although i accept it's pretty bad.

Who's your favourite clone?

• Like 4

One Armed Boxer

For consistency, Dragon Lee takes it, although he's also the only one out of the three who never actually played Bruce Lee, instead his chosen method of 'Bruceploitation' being to ape Bruce Lee's characteristics in Korean kung-fu comedies. If you watch one of his movies though, you tend to know what you're getting, and his boot work against the likes of Casanova Wong and Hwang Jang Lee (who he faced off against 3 times!) was always entertaining!

Bruce Li's initial forays into Bruceploitation were pretty awful, both from a movie and action standpoint ('The New Game of Death'), and Bruce Le made too much unwatchable dreck in the Philippines and Korea.  

• Like 2

Bruce Li for me,I’ve seen a lot of Dragon Lee and the others but it’s Bruce Li’s movies I remember the most and I still have quite a few on DVD and vhs,Tiger strikes again,lama avenger and Chinese stuntman being my favourites.

• Like 4

Bruce Li for me, think he was also the best actor amongst the three. The other two probably looked more like Bruce in physique but never had the charisma imo.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

For consistency, Dragon Lee takes it, although he's also the only one out of the three who never actually played Bruce Lee,

you could say he played a version of Bruce at least in Clones, can't recall if he was Bruce Lee 1,2, or 3 though :laugh

• Like 3

dionbrother

The one I really admire is Bruce Le.  In an era where American indy filmmakers whine about "their vision being compromised by the studio" or crowdfunding for vanity projects, Bruce Le made two decades of co-productions everywhere and anywhere he could.  After being released from prison, he went right back to movie making.  A consistent success and a survivor.  The quality of his work is up for debate, but I've never been bored by anything he's made.

• Like 5

I love the end of Bruce King Of Kung Fu where Le and Mr Han go at it furiously then shake on it afterwards :tongueout

• Like 5

ShawAngela
On 5/5/2023 at 4:00 PM, dionbrother said:

The one I really admire is Bruce Le.  In an era where American indy filmmakers whine about "their vision being compromised by the studio" or crowdfunding for vanity projects, Bruce Le made two decades of co-productions everywhere and anywhere he could.  After being released from prison, he went right back to movie making.  A consistent success and a survivor.  The quality of his work is up for debate, but I've never been bored by anything he's made.

Bruce Le went to prison ??!!

• Like 1

dionbrother
55 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Bruce Le went to prison ??!!

Yep.  "Currency manipulation" or some white collar offense like that.  I suspect that's why he was so hard to arrange for an interview with Michael Worth and crew.

• Like 3