Anyone else agree Dawn Of The Dead (1978) is the best zombie movie ever?

CaldoTheKid

ChillyChong

Right now would say Zombie Flesh Eaters and Nightmare City are better. But it`s really long time since saw Dawn. And possibly never see again unless it comes across at charity/2nd hand store. Not really into zombie stuff and certainly no intention to buy it as brand new disc price.

• Like 2

sifu iron perm

Yes, Dawn is essential and my favourite Zombie ever!

Underrated is Children shouldn't play with dead things.

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

If you consider them zombie films, I think Fulci’s The Beyond and City of the Living Dead are both better than Dawn of the Dead. I also prefer Zombie (aka Zombie Flesh Eater) and even Day of the Dead.

I suppose I’m trying to say that I don’t rate Dawn of the Dead all that highly.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Super Ninja
On 4/23/2023 at 12:29 PM, kuenfist said:

For me too. And the second is Zombie Flesh Eaters by Lucio Fulci.

Exactly! 

I might have the two switch places, Dawn is on top because it's such a genre heavyweight, but this is the current order on my top 10 zombie films list. Romero takes the gold with Dawn, Fulci is the silver medalist with Zombie Flesh Eaters. 

• Like 3

I actually prefer the 2004 version of Dawn...by alot.  Also enjoy Return of the Living Dead 3 and the Zombieland movies.  I just have never had as much fun with the euro zombie films. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Scottfu said:

I actually prefer the 2004 version of Dawn...by alot.  Also enjoy Return of the Living Dead 3 and the Zombieland movies.  I just have never had as much fun with the euro zombie films. 

I didn’t care for the remake. I got to the Zombie Baby scene and nearly shut it off right there. Kind of wish I had, but that was my rental for the weekend, so I was stuck with it.

• Like 1

Super Ninja
15 hours ago, Scottfu said:

Return is another personal fave. Tarman and that naked cemetery dance, don't get much better than that.

• Like 2