Assassin Club (2023) - Henry Golding, Noomi Rapace, Sam Neill, Danielle Melchior

AlbertV

Paramount's official synopsis:

Henry Golding (G.I. JOE: SNAKE EYES) stars in this highly entertaining, globe-trotting action thriller. The hunter becomes the hunted when an elite assassin (Golding) is given his final contract: to kill seven people around the world - only to discover the targets are equally skilled assassins hired to kill him. His only shot to survive is to uncover the mysterious mastermind behind the deadly plot before it's too late. Also starring Daniela Melchior (The Suicide Squad) with Noomi Rapace (Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan) and Sam Neill (Jurassic Park)

On Digital May 16 then on DVD and Blu-Ray June 6.

Directed by Camille Delamarre (Brick Mansions)

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

This made the 'news' two days ago for the rare 'feat' of getting 0% on Rotten Tomatoes: 

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a43615170/henry-golding-assassin-club-rotten-tomatoes-rating/

Two days later, it's still at 0%...

I'm sure this will be thrashed left and right as a poor man's John Wick. In reality, this looks to me more like a poor man's Accident Man, despite probably having a bigger budget.

I actually quite like Henry Golding in his rom coms, but don't quite get the feeling action is his thing. 

Edited by Agent U

The premise itself sounds pretty damn awesome. Like John Wick mixed with the video game No More Heroes( Two of my favorite things). I’ll defiantly be checking it out in June. 

• Like 2

As Camille Delamerre comes from the Olivier Megaton school of action filmmaking (if you can even call it that) with shaky cam and quick cuts, I really have no desire to see this. For anyone who's seen this, does Assassin Club fit into that bracket?

Edited by SamSeed
  • Like 1

One of the assassins is played by Claudio Del Falco, who has been dubbed the "Italian Van Damme" as he is a former kickboxing champion who has lately been churning out martial arts films in Italy. I did see the film but can't reveal anything until Monday (embargo) and tomorrow, I am interviewing Camille Delamarre. 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

On 5/9/2023 at 3:14 PM, AlbertV said:

One of the assassins is played by Claudio Del Falco, who has been dubbed the "Italian Van Damme" as he is a former kickboxing champion who has lately been churning out martial arts films in Italy. I did see the film but can't reveal anything until Monday (embargo) and tomorrow, I am interviewing Camille Delamarre. 

Is that in the US?

I thought the movie was already available in many countries, notably in Europe. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Agent U said:

Is that in the US?

I thought the movie was already available in many countries, notably in Europe. 

Yes it will be in the US on April 16 on Digital. 

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer
On 4/22/2023 at 3:48 AM, SamSeed said:

As Camille Delamerre comes from the Olivier Megaton school of action filmmaking (if you can even call it that) with shaky cam and quick cuts, I really have no desire to see this. For anyone who's seen this, does Assassin Club fit into that bracket?

Short answer - yes. This was bad, really bad. I gave it the full review treatment over at COF - 

https://cityonfire.com/assassin-club-2023-review-henry-golding-noomi-rapace-sam-neill/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Short answer - yes. This was bad, really bad. I gave it the full review treatment over at COF - 

So what did you really think? Be honest! Don't hold back now!

• Haha 2

One Armed Boxer
4 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

So what did you really think? Be honest! Don't hold back now!

That’s COF crossed off the advance screener list of yet another distributor… :tongueout