TWIN BLADES OF DOOM,

DOUBLE BLISS,

BLACK BUTTERFLY,

TEMPTRESS OF A THOUSAND FACES,

THE CRIMINALS 2- HOMICIDES,

THE CRIMINALS 3- ARSON,

THE CRIMINALS 4- ASSAULT,

THE CRIMINALS 5- TEENAGE NIGHTMARE

(This compilation does not contain any titles released in 2007, so it is subject to change.)

But still, several of these are considered out of print, so get 'em while you can! Happy hunting!

THE BOXER'S OMEN is now on DVD from Celestial/Image, running 104 min. 11 one-minute Shaw trailers, including SUPER INFRAMAN and CONFESSIONS of a CHINESE COURTESAN, and 14 "other" trailers, about 46 min.worth. None of the Shaws have subtitles, and only a couple of the "others" do. There is a trailer listed for Shaolin Family Soccer, on screen it reads Silly Family Soccer.

Guest venomchamber
Tried to watch some of these VCDs on a large LCD TV and oh my God, the picture quality is atrocious!

Now you know why I always complained about the inferior quality of these things! In my humble opinion, VCDs are nasty sh*t that serve no purpose. And having to switch discs halfway through the movie...give me a break. Unfortunately, in Asia they're still big business for people who are not as particular about quality.

I wish to preserve and enjoy these films for the rest of my lifetime, but why they released these titles only on such outdated technology and inferior media is beyond my comprehension! They could have just released a no-frills DVD with no bonus features for $10 bucks and beefed-up the bonus features on their standard DVD releases while keeping the outer cover/sleeves as a Special Edition DVD for serious film buffs and collectors.

Something Celestial didn't think through prior to their release.

Sadly, I had to get them anyways (under protest) as it was the only means of obtaining these films in any form. I have made DVD-R copies of them to watch without interruption and put the VCDs away.

One of them, CORPSE MANIA is a sick puppy of a film that deals with having sexual intercourse with maggot covered dead bodies of slain prostitutes! Over the top sleaze that is right up there with the Black Magic films, Seeding Of A Ghost, and The Boxer's Omen. If you're a gorehound, then this one's for you!

(FYI: the worms and maggots are REAL :x so I suggest it is not for the squeamish!)

Archived