Only 5 Movies Left

Guest BKarza

Super Ninjas, Bloody Parrot, Painted Faces, Kid from Kwangtung and Shaolin Rescuers. I really don't like SR in any way, shape, or form, except for the bloody show that Lu Feng puts on but hey, I'm a Venoms completist.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest peringaten

Serious? Got me some proper jonesings... Mad Monk, Seeding Of A Ghost, Bewitched, Return Of The Dead, Rescuers, 5 Element, Heads For Sale, The Pirate, Pursuit, Tigress Of Shaolin, Young Vagabond, Supreme Swordsman, Parrot, Kid, Usurpers Of Emperors Power, etc... not to mention any unknown quantities that may arise, during or proceeding. Ok, not all kung, but still...

Anyone got any clues, the deal with "Imperial Swordsman"?

Guest oldeschool17

Ive never seen Avenging Warriors of Shaolin aka Shaolin Rescuers. How does everyone rate it compared to Two Champions of Shaolin? I think Two Champions is one of my least favorite Venoms movies.

In my opinion it is much better. Better comedy and a better story. I love Lo Meng in this movie and the relationship between Lo Meng, Kwok, and Sun Chien is why I have revisited this movie so many times.

Haven't seen Two Champions of Shaolin so I can't compare, but I've seen Shaolin Rescuers and liked them. Esp. the interaction between Kuo Chui and Lo Meng was fabulous...

Ive never seen Avenging Warriors of Shaolin aka Shaolin Rescuers.

This was a good film.

My recollection is that this might be the only venom film that wasn't in any of the packages picked up by the NY or Philly stations.

It has been a very long time so I could be wrong, but I seem to recall seeing this one on cable's USA network.

For whatever reason that initially colored my appreciation for it. But I realized the error of my ways over time.

Guest venomchamber
My recollection is that this might be the only venom film that wasn't in any of the packages picked up by the NY or Philly stations.

AVENGING WARRIORS OF SHAOLIN played over DRIVE-IN MOVIE on WNEW-TV 5 only once here in NY during the fall of 1984 if memory serves me right. I taped it, but removed the commercial breaks (*this is where all the bootlegs originated from), but it may have been rerun again over Fox 5's HOLLYWOOD'S FINEST at 2am in 1989 as they ran them then too, many of which were unlisted in TV Guide as "To Be Announced"...

It has been a very long time so I could be wrong, but I seem to recall seeing this one on cable's USA network

True!

and again, only once, the spring prior, with their logo at the bottom of the screen.

When USA revisited the World Northal package again in 1993, they didn't repeat it!

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns
I love Lo Meng in this movie and the relationship between Lo Meng, Kwok, and Sun Chien is why I have revisited this movie so many times.

Right on morgoth, the character development between these three have real chemistry one can easily identify with, IMO. There is some excellent stunt work by Kuo Chui as well. There are of course some silly moments, but when do you ever really completely escape em' in a Shaws flick?

There is one scene inparticular where Pai Piao is taken in by Lo Mang and Kuo Chui, they search him for identification, upon finding a document, Lo Mang holds it upside down, sideways, totally at a loss, so Kuo Chui grabs it from him in disgust stating, "give me that! You can't read." While an embarrassed Lo Mang awaits a reading of the letter, he notices Kuo Chui's dazed, confused look, and figures out Kuo can't read either! This is the comedic chemistry exhibited between these two throughout the whole film. Dosen't sound like much, but it's pretty damn funny. Chan Shen's the teacher of a martial arts school who's insecure and rather thoughtless treatment of Sun Chien is rather well done too.

Great film. Can't wait to pick this film up.

I totally forgot about Pai Paio. Not one of my favorite roles from him, but still a freaking awesome movie. My favorite comedy moment is how Lo MEng keeps tripping his boss.

Archived