The Hidden Fox (2022) - Wuxia iQIYI

laagi

Well I'll be damned! Ever so often there seems to be a genuinely good movie coming out on a chinese streaming service.

Unfortunately to actually find it is the tricky part among all the subpar productions. Which usually rely on the same cheap&quick formula present in most of today's streaming world.

I've actually enjoyed this A LOT more than I expected I would. Good casting, nice setting, good production value and some decent fight scenes. All captured in a way that seems to be almost made for the big screen.

Sure there's some down sides to it as well. The usual average looking CGI, slow-mow and quick cuts during the fight scenes and probably a twist you can see a mile away. However all things considered these are minor squabbles in an otherwise overall engaging experience.

If you're looking for some good recent Wuxia, The Hidden Fox might be well worth seeking out. And @Drunken Monk dare I say I enjoyed this more than Sakra :tongueout

Last but not least the story is inspired by the 1959 novel Fox Volant of the Snowy Mountain. Thank you Wikipedia!

• Like 3