A Sammo Hung Film Series in May 5–27, 2023, at L.A.'s Film Academy Museum

wackiechan

I bought my tickets already.  This film series includes "Project A", "Eastern Condors", "Dragons Forever", etc.

Some of the screenings will be in 35mm, and others in DCP. 

I wish that "Enter The Fat Dragon"(1978) could've been part of this.  I want to somehow watch "Enter TFD", but it still doesn't seem to be available on blu-ray and/or streaming.  If Warner Archives does have the rights to "Enter TFD", then I don't know why they're taking quite awhile to release it.

https://www.academymuseum.org/en/programs/series/sammo-hung-from-stuntman-to-star

• Like 4

Owen_Johnston

Would love to see a Pedicab Driver release at some point. I read a rumour that Criterion have it, but haven't seen anything that confirms this.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Owen_Johnston said:

Would love to see a Pedicab Driver release at some point. I read a rumour that Criterion have it, but haven't seen anything that confirms this.

I bought Pedicab Driver on DVD from Warner. As for Enter the Fat Dragon, I bought a German blu of it. 

• Like 3

ironfistedmonk

Enjoy! it's great seeing these movies on the big screen.

A guy who used to post on here (I can't remember his username) hired out a cinema in Birmingham in the UK near me about 20 years ago and put on a day of kung fu movies, Mystery of Chess Boxing was one of the movies, can't remember the others, Invincible Armour may have been one?  Good times

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, ironfistedmonk said:

Enjoy! it's great seeing these movies on the big screen.

A guy who used to post on here (I can't remember his username) hired out a cinema in Birmingham in the UK near me about 20 years ago and put on a day of kung fu movies, Mystery of Chess Boxing was one of the movies, can't remember the others, Invincible Armour may have been one?  Good times

Must have been grand to watch it with others who liked thst sort of stuff, rather than relying on the films released on VHS. 

• Like 3

Darth Kermit

I went to that Museum back when they had the Miyazaki exhibition. Grew uo on Ghibli, so it rocked to see all the stuff they had. I then saw Akira on 35mm at New Bev at midnight, The Hidden Fortress the day before on 35mm (my first time seeing anything on film), and Fiddler on the Roof at thr Academy museum. The annoying thing was that after I saw Akira at the New Bev, I saw they had shown Hard Boiled/The Killer, double feature and Police Story 1/2 double feature earlier in the month. Lucky LA bastards.

• Like 2

I wished Ichi the Killer was shown in the cinemas here. That would look beyond awesome on the big screen.

• Like 2