Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem (2023).

PandaPawPaw

PandaPawPaw

It looks pretty damn good.

Not a fan of Mikey's voice and not a fan of this version of April. Also I hate this whole idea that a nerdy/smart person has to wear glasses. Ugh.

Turtles actually acting as teenagers is an interesting take and looks like fun.

I fucking love the 1990 movie and that OST is awesome!

• Like 2

Doesn’t look that great to me. I’m starting to doubt anything is going to beat the 2003 cartoon. It’s the gold standard for ninja turtles in my opinion, besides the two movies in the 90s( The third one doesn’t exist. lol)

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

I didn't watch the 3rd movie till about 20 years later as I heard it was crap at the time and I had grown out of TMNT. When I eventually saw it, I really enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty funny.

Shame the turtle costumes were so bad though. Ugh!

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

This film’s definitely going for a younger audience but it looks like it could be a lot of fun. Lots of great actors on board.

• Like 2

On 3/7/2023 at 1:07 PM, PandaPawPaw said:

I didn't watch the 3rd movie till about 20 years later as I heard it was crap at the time and I had grown out of TMNT. When I eventually saw it, I really enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty funny.

Shame the turtle costumes were so bad though. Ugh!

I watched it when it first came out and I did like it at the time. But the older I got, the more I hated it. The costumes are a major step down from the first two moves and I found it to be really boring.

I’m glad you enjoyed it though. I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone that did like it before. It’s up there with Batman&Robin when it comes to being universally hated.

I've been obsessed with the "heroes in a half shell" as a child and that's an understatement!

For me the best is still the original TV series and undoubtedly the 1990 movie with it's pretty dark portrayal. I still hope that someday we'll get the teased Workprint of it, which would've been a even darker according to sources. Although some have debunked the theory of a Workprint existing...

Part two of the first live-action movie The Secret of the Ooze was actually still pretty good and yes there is NO part three!

Interesting nobody mentioned the latest live action movies with Megan Fox! I guess these don't exist as well LOL. But seriously for what it's worth they were OK.

I like the trailer kind of reminds of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse tbh. I'll probably check it out when it hits home media.

Never watched the 2007 movie BTW... I just can't wrap my head around the animation. But heard good things about it!

• Like 3

One Armed Boxer
41 minutes ago, laagi said:

Part two of the first live-action movie The Secret of the Ooze was actually still pretty good and yes there is NO part three!

Dismissing a movie that Lau Kar Leung was involved in on a forum dedicated to kung-fu movies. You must be tired of living!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, laagi said:

Interesting nobody mentioned the latest live action movies with Megan Fox! I guess these don't exist as well LOL. But seriously for what it's worth they were OK.

They ended up better than I thought they would be, but I still think they were kind of bleh. Megan Fox was a horrible choice for April, and the turtles looked really weird. 

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
8 hours ago, DiP said:

Screw this new movie... I want a 4K UHD release of the 1990 movie.

That and the deleted scenes. Kevin Eastman apparently has a Directors Cut/deleted scenes on a VHS tape iirc.

The footage does exist though. New Line or whoever owns it now just need to pull their finger out and fund it/give permisson.

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

15 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

That and the deleted scenes. Kevin Eastman apparently has a Directors Cut/deleted scenes on a VHS tape iirc.

The footage does exist though. New Line or whoever owns it now just need to pull their finger out and fund it/give permisson.

If I'm not mistaken some of these deleted scenes made it onto a German Blu-Ray or DVD as a Bonus. But it's good and kind of annoying to know the Workprint is actually out there and we'll never get to see it LOL.

• Like 2

It's the 1990 TMNT movie I enjoyed the most. My friends and I ordered a pizza after watching that at the local theater.  When Elias Koteas' Alvin Olinsky character died on Chicago P.D., I totally quit watching that series. Kill off my reason to watch that series, would they?

• Like 3

PandaPawPaw
9 hours ago, laagi said:

If I'm not mistaken some of these deleted scenes made it onto a German Blu-Ray or DVD as a Bonus. But it's good and kind of annoying to know the Workprint is actually out there and we'll never get to see it LOL.

It was just the alternative ending/deleted scene.

• Like 3

PandaPawPaw

Fw0DiCpacAA7LZK?format=jpg&name=medium

My interest in it has gone down a bit. At least they actually look like turtles and not Shrek.

• Haha 1

On 5/26/2023 at 4:54 AM, PandaPawPaw said:

matheuss-berant-tmnt-2023-2.jpg?16801425

I love this fanart poster based on the 1990 movie. :D

Everything else about this movie is trash, but that poster is sick. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Coliseum1972 said:

2007 animated movie is at least better than TMNT III imo

Filming yourself playing with Ninja Turtles action figures would be better than TMNTIII. lol

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
4 hours ago, Coliseum1972 said:

2007 animated movie is at least better than TMNT III imo

4 hours ago, DarthKato said:

Filming yourself playing with Ninja Turtles action figures would be better than TMNTIII. lol

The rain fight is great.

I didn't like April or Casey in this though and didn't think much of the story.

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

The rain fight is great.

I didn't like April or Casey in this though and didn't think much of the story.

That was awesome! I have TMNT, but I haven't watched it yet. I'm going to have to do that now. 

19 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Okaaaaay........................

I prefer the TMNT2 version.

:D

Man, Vanilla Ice is a legend! I spent a good amount of my childhood with the Ninja Rap song stuck in my head. lol

• Like 1

It wasnt amazing but it was good. All of its merit and glory comes Solely in its visual aspect, which is an animation style you really have to prep yourself and be in the mood to look at for two hours. While most likely very inspired by the spiderverse animated movies, this style is entirely different and unique. Everything feels very dark and green and honestly claustrophobic and inescapable. Its like an animation style that looks entirely like green sh*t on a tissue the whole way through (very sorry best way I could put it) Or sort of like clay. Not necessarily bad, but also not necessarily good. And I spend all my review talking about the animation because thats practically all there is to it.

As for the story, theres little to speak of because there almost is none. Basically the turtles want to be like human teens and they fight a giant fly-man or whatever he is.   

I had no idea JACKIE CHAN voiced splinter going in and thought I was just an ignorant american to think he kind of sounded like jackie before I looked it up during the screening. Also had no idea seth rogan was such a big part of this which I otherwise might have reconsidered supporting as he seems like the biggest dbag in hollywood, but jackies presence makes up for it. Some footage of Shaw bros and classic fu and shot of early chan in the splinter training flashback, was strange to see in such a mass audience movie.

Sausage party is a better movie, spiderverse is a better movie. Id watch this again knowing what the animation style is like now if not just to leave on in the background to set a dark city theme. Its an interesting movie visually.

• Like 1

Jackie has really upgraded in life going to master splinter from this guy.

Crazy what one of the most important martial arts actors ever has done to his legacy. Man is just a workaholic. Was thinking about this. People must still understand the value of money and do their best to keep it flowing, especially for easy cash. Others probably just like having things to do and challenging themselves. Just crazy what some important people in their fields do to their legacy by never saying no to work. Like the meme about really important rappers becoming silly actors, snoop dogg advertising sketchers shoes at the moment etc. At a certain point new fans dont know their actual importance.  Theres even a blooper at the end of TMNT where Jackie says something along the lines of “please let me know if you need anything else Ill be right back” probably loves work like this. All hes gotta do is hang out and speak some lines and get paid lol. 

CB5EE6A4-D08C-4CF1-84AD-D5DA0E28A69D.jpeg

• Like 2