Uncut shaws & celestial!!??

achiever

What's the deal with celestial's shaw prints? I love the remastering & purchase quite a few... but the fact that they seem to be releasing unnecessarily cut versions aggravates me! Chinatown Kid was ridiculous! I spent $15 & they cut out nearly 30 minutes!

I'm NO fan of boots, but I've had to turn to PanMedia/ Red Sun for uncut versions of movies I already bought from celestial. Avenging Eagle from Celestial is missing about a minute of the FINAL FIGHT SCENE! So... I had to support Red sun's bootleggers by getting their version too (uncut)- fortunately I got a copy rather than paying for it!

Same goes with Chinatown Kid.

I'm REALLY worried about Chinese Super Ninjas, which I'm sure will be cut to shreds (lotsa blood & guts will be missing), and my only uncut source will be my old crappy full-screen boot. I've heard the same about Human Lanterns and Delightful Forest, which I also bought from celestial! Now it seems that they are interested in cutting out some of the best/ bloodiest scenes in these classics!

Do you guys think celestial is planning to release "uncut" versions later so they can "double-dip" from their loyal purchasers (such as myself). I'd probably be forced to get those too!

Anyway, does anyone know anything about where to get uncut versions of "Human Lanterns"- I HEARD that celestial has a re-mastered uncut version (is this true) & "Delightful Forest"?

THANKS!!!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thejadefacedassassin

Grab the R2 Human Lanterns......many of the gory skinning scenes

cut in the IVL are here though the finale is still missing some footage and there is some footage of IVL not here, though not so important.

CK was not cut. It was a different version. Just like there were 3 versions of Jack Chan's Young Master, 2 versions of Above the Law/Righting Wrongs, 2 versions of Game of Death, etc.

Both Avenging Eagle and Weird Man had abrupt cuts in them that don't exist anywhere else. That leads thinking to print damage.

they didn't cut Human Lanterns or Chinatown Kid. What happened with CK, was they put out a varient of the international print. It's a completely different film. As for Human Lanterns, the version they released was identical to the original VHS release, it was always cut. It wasn't until a UK company asked about cut footage that Celestial dug through the vaults and found it. As for if they're going to double dip, considering the dvds are not selling as well as they'd like anyway, it's unlikely.

Guest chen lung

I'm surprised Momentum Asia asked for the footage - 25 seconds are missing (in which IVL has it) which suggests it may have been pre-cut prior to BBFC submission? Shame Image have it, but they may still be able to honour the promise of the uncut version (at the press release), if Celestial aren't as bitchy with their contract.

I think 'Chinatown Kid' was a Malaysian version (possibly with an abridged Mandarin soundtrack attached).

Guest fusheng007

Delightful Forest DVD is fairly uncut. I know there's frame cuts but not actual scenes trimmed or cut. I have a Mandarin audio track taken from the print 20 years ago, I didn't get a chance to compare the dvd. But if I compare the running times, it's uncut(not counting frame cuts)

Guest Iron_Jinon
What's the deal with celestial's shaw prints? I love the remastering & purchase quite a few... but the fact that they seem to be releasing unnecessarily cut versions aggravates me! Chinatown Kid was ridiculous! I spent $15 & they cut out nearly 30 minutes!

I'm NO fan of boots, but I've had to turn to PanMedia/ Red Sun for uncut versions of movies I already bought from celestial. Avenging Eagle from Celestial is missing about a minute of the FINAL FIGHT SCENE! So... I had to support Red sun's bootleggers by getting their version too (uncut)- fortunately I got a copy rather than paying for it!

Same goes with Chinatown Kid.

I'm REALLY worried about Chinese Super Ninjas, which I'm sure will be cut to shreds (lotsa blood & guts will be missing), and my only uncut source will be my old crappy full-screen boot. I've heard the same about Human Lanterns and Delightful Forest, which I also bought from celestial! Now it seems that they are interested in cutting out some of the best/ bloodiest scenes in these classics!

Do you guys think celestial is planning to release "uncut" versions later so they can "double-dip" from their loyal purchasers (such as myself). I'd probably be forced to get those too!

Anyway, does anyone know anything about where to get uncut versions of "Human Lanterns"- I HEARD that celestial has a re-mastered uncut version (is this true) & "Delightful Forest"?

THANKS!!!

chinatown kid pisses me off too,I had lifetime ago dutch vhs which was full version,ending was different and not so happy.in avenging eagle I heard rumour original print they had partly was so bad some1 decided not to include it to full release.well,they they should have included it to extra features anyway..I am getting superninjas next week and if it`s cut then I do break something

SUPER NINJAS is not cut, but LONGER than all English VHS and Booleg Prints before. yes more Gore & blood than ever before. so joy!

That's what we like to hear, Span. As long as we are shelling out the funds, the least they could do is deliver films uncut...

Btw, with all of us Shaw fans here, what do they mean sales aren't where they projected? We all here have supported these releases since day one... :rolleyes:

Archived